Chapter 1 - "Just your friendly, neighborhood stalker."

~ Pilot ~ Part One~

Ronnie's POV

"Veronica! Time to get up!" My 10-year-old brother, Lucas, shouted in my face.

I groaned, opening my eyes as I raised my head up from the soft pillow, giving him a death glare. "You have 3 seconds to get out of my room, demon spawn." I grumbled, making his eyes widen, before he ran out of my room, slamming the door on the way. I rolled my eyes, "Coward." I mumbled, throwing the covers off of my body. I yawned, stretching my arms out, cringing as my back cracked. I pushed myself off the bed, walking over to my dresser and opening one of the drawers. I pulled out a random t-shirt and some black ripped jeans.

I quickly peeled off my PJ's, throwing them to the side. I put on my shirt and pants, grabbing my converse from the floor and walking towards my door. I slipped the black shoes on as I opened the door.

"Loser!" Lucas giggled as he ran past me, making my eyes roll.

"Booger!" I shouted back at him, walking down the stairs and into the kitchen, where my dad, Anthony, was sitting, reading the newspaper like he did every morning.

"Veronica, be nice to your brother." Dad said, not glancing up from whatever he was reading.

"Whatever." I mumbled, walking over to the counter. "And it's Ronnie." I corrected, glancing back at him. Everyone knows I hate being called Veronica, I just felt as if it didn't suit me.

"Well, then, Ronnie, be nice to your brother." He retorted.

"Yeah, yeah." I said, grabbing a cup from the cabinet, pouring myself some coffee. I picked the blue cup up, turning around and leaning against the counter. I looked at my dad, "Did mom leave for another business trip?" I asked, taking a sip of the hot coffee.

He glanced up at me, "Yep." He answered simply.

I rolled my eyes, looking down at the black coffee. My dad and I were currently in one of our little arguments. And when we're in an argument, we don't exactly communicate well. I honestly don't even remember what the fight was about, but if he's not going to apologize, then neither am I.

Luke burst into the kitchen, his Superman action figure in hand. "Jeez." I mumbled into my cup, looking at my brother, who was running around the kitchen, holding his Superman action figure in the air as he ran.

I sighed, pouring the remaining coffee into the sink, sitting the now empty cup in the sink. I looked at my dad, who was still reading the newspaper, "I'm heading to school." I said, making him nod.

"Bye, darling." He said, finally looking up at me.

I looked at Luke, who was now in the living room, watching TV. "Bye, booger." I said, walking down the hallway, towards the front door.

"Bye, loser!" He shouted after me.

I picked up my jacket from the hook next to the door, putting it on, before grabbing my book-bag. I grabbed my car keys from the table, opening the front door and walking out. I slammed the door shut, jogging down the steps and towards my car. I quickly unlocked the driver side door, throwing my book-bag into the passenger's seat, before sitting in the driver's seat. I stuck the key in the engine, turning the key over and backing out of the driveway. Time to start a new year at Mystic Falls High.

~~~~~

I walked up to Bonnie and Elena, overhearing what the Bennett was saying. "Can I still say 'tranny mess'?" Bonnie asked, coming to stand in front of her locker.

"Nope, that's definitely over." I said, catching the girls attention.

Bonnie gasped, turning towards me, "Ronnie, you're back!" She said, pulling me into a hug. "When did you get back from Paris?" She asked.