Chapter 37 - "Are you on your period?"

~ Miss Mystic Falls ~ Part One ~

Ronnie's POV

An incessant ringing is what woke me up this morning, disrupting my wonderful dream. I was dreaming about young Leonardo Dicaprio on the Titanic, imagining myself as Kate Winslet. Only in my dream, I made room for Jack on the door, unlike selfish Rose. 

Caroline smacked the back of my head, urging me to turn off my phone. As I picked up the phone that was on the bedside table, I gave Caroline a glare, but she didn't notice. She had her eyes closed, some of her blonde hair covering her face.

I didn't bother looking at the caller ID as I pressed the answer button. "Ronnie's Sperm Bank. You jack it, we pack it. How may I help you?" I grumbled into the phone, keeping my eyes closed. I heard Caroline snort out a small chuckle from beside me, making me smile a bit.

The person over the phone scoffed in disgust. "Honestly, Veronica. What if it had been a stranger that answered the phone?"

I rolled my eyes at the voice that has been judging me my entire life. "I'm sure me answering the phone that way would be the highlight of their boring day." I grunted as I lifted myself from the comfortable mattress, squinting at the sunlight pouring through the window. "What do you want, woman?"

"Where are you?" My mother asked.

"Caroline's. Tradition, remember?" I asked, making my way out of Caroline's room and into the bathroom.

"Oh, is Bonnie there too?"

Closing the bathroom door behind me and locking it, I scrunched up my face. "No, you witch. Bonnie isn't back in town."

"Well, when is she coming back? I feel like I haven't seen her in forever."

"I wouldn't know. She hasn't talked to me since Shelia's funeral." I mumbled as I walked over to the toilet. I pulled down my pants and sat down.

"How tragic. Anyway, I was wondering when you were going to be home--" Molly stopped talking for a moment before continuing. "What is the sound? What are you doing? Are-- Are you peeing, Veronica? While on the phone with me?"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes as I wiped then stood up. I was getting even more aggravated when I saw I had started my period. "Oh, please, mother. You used to change my diapers. Don't act so disgusted." I said as I grabbed a tampon from underneath the sink

"Well, for your information, I never changed your diapers. That was your father's job."

"Aw, it's comforting to know how much you loved me as a child." I fake cooed, discarding the plastic the tampon came in. I held the phone between my cheek and shoulder as I started washing my hands. "Now, did you just call for chit-chat or do you want something?"

"Do you not even remember what happens after the Kick-Off?" She asked in annoyance.

"I dunno, mother. I'm usually suffering from a massive hangover the next day." I replied, walking out of the bathroom and going back to Caroline's room. She was still laying in the exact same position as when I left.

"Founder's Court, you heathen. This is your year, darling. You are part of a founding family, after all. It's a tradition for Tate women to participate, says your father."

Ah, the Founder's Court. How revolting. I don't even remember signing up, but I'm sure Molly did it behind my back. "Well, consider this Tate woman breaking tradition. Besides, don't you think it's a little pretentious?"