Chapter 41 - "He's different around me."

~ Isobel ~ Part One ~

Ronnie's POV

I woke up alone the next morning. Though I did feel slight disappointment at the fact, I also felt relief I didn't have to face Damon after our weird and unexpected cuddling session last night. I felt weird after that. I don't do cuddling, I don't even do hugs, so why did I let it slide with Damon?

As I tried to rub the sleepiness out of my eyes, I grabbed my phone on the bedside table, checking the messages. I had one from my mother, five from my father, and two from Caroline. I didn't bother reading the ones by my parents, knowing all of the messages were going to be asking me where I was and why I didn't come home last night, but I did text my dad and tell him I was alive. I then checked the one from Caroline.

Caroline: Don't forget you have to help build the Miss Mystic float today!

My nose scrunched up and I let out a sound of annoyance. I tossed the phone onto the bed, pulling the covers over my head. "What crawled up your ass and died?"

I rolled my eyes at the sound of Damon's voice, "My will to tolerate you." I grumbled, pulling the cover back down, some of my stray hairs getting in my eyes. I blew the strands away as he walked towards me, throwing an object at me. "Damon!" I snapped, holding my hands in front of me to catch it. I missed, of course, but it did land in front of me, luckily. I picked it up, "A granola bar?" 

"Breakfast of champs." He said, walking around the bed and plopping down onto the free side. "You have school today, you have to eat breakfast."

"How thoughtful." I said dryly. "What time is it?" I asked him, opening the granola bar and taking a bite out of it.

He shrugged, "Eight or nine."

"I might skip again-- I'm late anyway." I said though he wasn't paying attention cause his phone rang.

"Ugh, it's Elena." He cringed at the phone, handing it over to me. "You answer it."

"I'm eating, you answer it."

"I'm your elder, you answer it."

"It's your phone, you answer it."

"Oops, too late, I answered it." He said, pushing the phone up against my ear.

I glared at him as I grabbed the phone from his grip. "Hey, Elena!"

"Ronnie? Why do you have Stefan's phone?" Her confused voice filled my ears.

I glared at Damon when I heard this was his brother's phone. "He's in the bathroom. Left his phone laying around." I lied. "What do you need, Elena?" I sighed, taking another bite of my breakfast.

"I'm supposed to help build the Miss Mystic Float for the Founder's Day parade."

"Oh, hey, me too."

"If I don't, I get the wrath of Caroline."

"Same. Someone should knock some sense into her and tell her high school isn't a hierarchy." I said, once again interrupting Elena.

"Anyway, I wanted to check in first."

Damon grabbed the phone from me, making me let out a sound of protest. "Well, I'm doing great. Thanks for asking." He smirked. "Oh, him? Oh, he's-- he's terrible. He's just back to boring, strait-laced, off the junk. You've successfully cured him of anything that was interesting about his personality." He said, making me give him a look. "I hate myself." He chuckled, making me tilt my head. "Hey, did uncle John mention anything to you about my field trip with the history teacher?" I rolled my eyes at John's name. "I don't know. But I'd love it if you could find out for me. Have fun with Mystic Queen. I know I did." I scoffed as he hung up.