Chapter 40 - "I never took you for a Peeping Tom."

~ Blood Brothers ~ Part Two ~

Ronnie's POV

"This is the one here." Mr. S said as the three of us walked up the driveway of a small house. "The records show this was paid 3 months in advance." He informed us, arriving at the front door.

"This is where it get's tricky." Damon said. "I may or may not be able to get in." He told us, knocking on the front door.

"Yeah, how does that work? You always have to be invited in?" Mr. S asked, looking over at the vampire.

"By the owner or the person of entitlement. Short-term rentals and hotels are a bit of gray area. You kinda gotta play it by ear." Damon said, walking closer to the door and reaching for the doorknob when no one answered.

"Can we not kill anyone tonight, please?" Mr. S asked.

"We won't if we're not provoked." I said, glancing over at him.

"Did you really have to bring her?" Mr. S asked Damon, who shrugged, twisting the doorknob until the door opened. Damon peered inside before gesturing for us to go in. Mr. S went in first, then I followed after, clutching my gun tighter.

"It doesn't look like anyone's home." Mr. S said.

"Yeah. I'm good." I heard Damon say, making me peer back, seeing him walking in. He closed the door, "No permanent resident, apparently."

We walked further into the house, keeping our guards up. Damon opened the fridge, which only had a water bottle, a few beers and a bunch of blood bags. "Uh, Ric, we have company." Damon suddenly said.

I then heard a loud bang, making me look back towards my teacher, seeing him getting attacked by a growling vampire. Damon shut the fridge, walking past me as Mr. S shoved something into the vampire. The vampire fell away from him and onto the floor. He tried to rush at Mr. S again, but Damon intercepted and threw him back.

"Boys, boys, boys. That's enough." Damon said, walking up towards the vampire on the ground. "I know you."

"Damon?" The vampire asked, getting up from the ground quickly.

I furrowed my brows, walking towards the three. "You know this guy, Damon?"

"Your name is Henry. You were in the tomb."

"Yes, sir." Henry responded, before looking around at all of us with a confused look. "What are you doing here?"

Damon looked back at us for a moment. "It's a long story involving John Gilbert."

A look of recognition passed Henry's face. "Well, sit down, please." He told us, gesturing towards the small dining table in the kitchen. We all walked into the kitchen, Damon, Mr. S, and I slower than Henry, who went to the fridge and pulled out a blood bag then getting two glass cups from the cabinet.

Damon sat down at the table, while I just stood next to him and Mr. S leaned against the wall. I kept my gun out, but put my hands behind my back so the new vampire wouldn't see.

"So, how do you know John Gilbert?" Henry asked, pouring the blood from the bag into the cup.

"Well, I've known him for years. He's a good friend. How do you know him?" Damon asked.

"I met him right after I got out of the tomb. He's been helping me out." Henry said, discarding the now empty blood bag and grabbing the glass full of blood. I took a subtle step back when he made his way towards us, giving Damon the cup.

"Helping you out how?" I asked, looking at him suspiciously.

He looked up at me. "Adapting. It's a whole new world-- Cars, computers, Match.Com." He went back to the fridge and opened it. "There's so much to learn. He helped me get this place." He shut the fridge after he grabbed another blood bag.