Chapter 47 - "Demon Salamander."

~ Brave New World ~ Part One ~

Ronnie's POV

"What the hell are you still doing in bed?"

I threw the comforter off my head, stray hairs flying onto my face as I glared at the person who rudely came into my room without permission. "I'm wallowing. Let me wallow in peace, Bonnie." I said before pulling the comforter back over my head, blocking out all the light. Even though I was supposed to be bad at Bonnie for lying about deactivating the Gilbert device, I decided to just forgive her so I could focus on channeling all of my anger towards a certain vampire that goes by the name of Damon Salvatore.

After me and Damon's argument last night, he thankfully left as I asked just as my pizza arrived. I spent the rest of the night eating an entire pizza and watching TV in misery. Even though it was the day after now, I still felt as betrayed as I did last night. I mean, I thought I could trust him and he went and tried to compel me. I guess I should've listened to my mother. Vampires really can't be trusted.

I heard Bonnie walking towards my bed, and then felt the coldness of the air as she ripped the blankets off of me. "No wallowing today. We have to help with the carnival." She grabbed my arms, pulling me up. When she let go, I just immediately flopped back down. "Okay, what is up?"

"Damon is a dick and I'm never trusting him again." I stated as I stared up at the ceiling.

"Not that I'm objecting, but why the sudden change of heart about your new bestie?"

With a grunt, I pushed myself up into a sitting position. "He confessed that he liked me last night and then tried to compel me to forget."

She scoffed, shaking her head as my words fueled her hate for him. "What an asshole."

"You're telling me," I mumbled.

Bonnie gave me a sympathetic look, "I know you liked him too."

My head snapped up as I scoffed, "As if."

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever. You don't need him, anyway. You're a strong, independent woman who doesn't need the likes of Demon Salamander."

I chuckled a little, "Demon Salamander?"

"Demon Salamander."

"You know what, you're right, Bonnie. I don't need that demon." I stood up from my bed. "It's a new day."

"Hey, Ronnie!" Lucas burst into my room, clutching the home phone in his hand. "This dude Damian called. Said to tell you to answer his calls."

A distasteful look appeared on my face as I looked towards Bonnie, who had a wince on her face. I flopped back onto the bed, pulling the comforter over me. "I'm never coming out again!"

"What's wrong with her? Is she on her period?" I heard Lucas ask Bonnie.

I grabbed a pillow next to me, throwing towards who I thought was Luke, but was actually Bonnie. "Hey!" She exclaimed, picking up the pillow and hitting me with the pillow. "Get your ass out of bed, Ronnie. And Luke, block that number."

"Yes, my love," Lucas said, his voice sounded starstruck all because Bonnie had talked to him. Pathetic. Just like me.

Bonnie ripped the comforter off of me again, grabbing my arms and pulling me out of bed. "We are going to help the set up the carnival today and we are going to have fun and not worry about Demon Salamander, okay?" She gave me a look, pushing the hair out of my face and cupping my cheeks.

"Okay." My voice came out muffled as she squished my cheeks together.

She smiled, "Great. Now get dressed."