Chapter 51 - "No one is too old for cartoons."

~ Memory Lane ~ Part One ~

Ronnie's POV

A few days after the whole werewolf situation, Elena asked me to come to The Grill so I could help her study for an upcoming History test. I had always been weirdly good at this subject and I was the person most came to for cheat sheets. I, myself, didn't need one for this particular subject, but that didn't stop me from pestering Ric about giving me one, which to no one's surprise, he denied.

Elena didn't bother to question where I had been the past few days when I arrived at The Grill, as she knew from Stefan that I had decided to lay low in my bed. We went straight into studying about World War I, which I'm pretty sure we learned about in middle school. Ric seems to do that a lot-- teach us about things we've already learned about. Maybe I should take AP History next year.

"Did I tell you Mrs. Lovell paired me and your friend Sebastian up for an English project?" Elena suddenly brought up right as we were going over the British ocean liner Lusitania being sunk.

My hand that had been highlighting a paragraph stopped moving and I looked up at my friend, the thought of Bash having a crush on Elena coming to mind. "No, you didn't. What's the project about?"

"We have to create and illustrate a story for some kids over at the elementary school." She rolled her eyes in disinterest.

A chuckle passed my lips as I knew that Elena had no artistic talent whatsoever. At least she could write. Maybe she could write and Bash could draw, though I'm not sure if he's any better. "Good luck with that."

"How's he doing with the whole," She looked around, lowering her voice. "Supernatural thing?"

I lowered my voice in a mocking tone, "He's doing fine."

"He didn't mention anything when we met up to work on the project yesterday. He was acting weird, actually."

That's cause he has a crush on you. "That's just how he is. What do you think of him?" I tried to ask slyly, but it came out very straightforward.

She shrugged, highlighting something in her book she thought would be on the test. "He seems nice. And he's handling the whole vampire thing well from what I can tell. He's funny, too."

I smirked a little. Even though I like Stefan a little more now, Bash is still my main man and I plan to help him get the girl if I can. "Yeah, sweet too, right?"

"Are you two ladies talking about me?" A sudden voice from the seat across from me spoke, making both Elena and me jump in shock.

I looked at the person in distaste, turning my nose up. "As if we would willingly talk about trash like you."

Damon gave me a sarcastic smirk, "Ooh, burn." He mocked before looking to Elena, "So this is where you spend your time when you're not stabbing people in the back."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I furrowed my brows.

"I tricked him into telling the truth while we were at Duke." Elena told me before looking back to the demon sitting across from us. "That's not stabbing you in the back. That's using your own tactics against you."

I hadn't heard much about what had happened at Duke, as I had been M.I.A for the last few days, but I knew three things: werewolves were real, they particularly like vampires, and the official name for Elena looking like Katherine was doppelganger.

"Where are you going?" Damon and I both asked at the same time when Elena started packing up her stuff.

"I made myself clear, Damon. I want nothing to do with you." She said, putting her bag over her shoulder and grabbing her books.