Chapter 15 - "We gonna have a threesome?"

~ 162 Candles ~ Part One ~

Ronnie's POV

"Where did Vicki say she was going?" Sheriff Liz Forbes asked, looking at me intently.

I can tell you one thing, being in a police station, being questioned about a girls whereabouts is not fun. A girl who you witnessed being murdered. I felt a bug about to be squashed by the stare Liz was giving me. "She didn't tell me anything."

"What about her brother? Did she tell him?"

"I, um, I don't know for sure. How would I even know?" I stuttered over my words. Man, I thought I was better at lying. Maybe if I was lying about something simple, like me eating the last bowl of cereal, not lying about seeing Vicki being murdered.

"Well, do you know anyone I can talk to? Someone who may know what happened?" Caroline's mom asked.

Oh, no. What do I say? "... Maybe try asking Stefan Salvatore." I said slowly, choosing my words carefully. I immediately regretted it. What if Stefan kills me for even mentioning his name? Oh, dear lord. I don't want to die. At least not until 'One Tree Hill' gets canceled.

"And what does he have to do with this?"

I could feel my eyes widening slightly. Stop it, Ronnie. Quit being suspicious. "He wanted to help her with her drug problems. I think."

"You think?"

"I-- I guess. I don't know."

"What was her behavior like in those last few days before she left?" Liz asked.

"I don't hang out with her, so I wouldn't know." I said, tapping my finger on the arm of the chair I was sitting in. "Do you know how long I would be grounded for if my dad found out I was hanging with druggies?" I unnecessarily added in.

"Well, did you see any signs of violence or aggression?" She asked.

Didn't I just tell her I wouldn't know? "No." I said, going with a safe answer.

Liz kinda squinted her eyes at me, making me more nervous than I already was. "So you believe Vicki really has left town?"

"It wouldn't surprise me if she did. The Donovan women are very good at leaving the people they love behind." I said, my answer snarky.

"I think that's all for now. Thank you, Ronnie. You can go now." Liz said, leaning back in her desk chair.

I gave her a smile as I got up from the seat, walking towards the door. I paused for a split second, wondering if I should just spill everything.

"Ronnie?"

My eyes widened. Oh, no. She noticed I paused. She knows something is off. This is it. I'm done for. I'm going to be in jail for the rest of my life.

Whirling around, I gave her a questioning look. "Yes, Mrs. F?"

"Could you tell Elena to come on back here?" She asked.

I sighed in relief, giving her a smile. "Yeah." I said, before giving her a small wave goodbye and walking out the door.

"Lord help me." I mumbled, shutting the door and walking down the halls, towards the waiting room. I spotted Elena and Jeremy sitting there, making me pause. "Elena." I said, catching her attention.

"Yeah?" She asked, looking up at me. I could see some guilt in her eyes. I didn't know what from. Either Vicki being dead, or her leaving me in the hands of a murderous vampire. Which, I'm still mad at her about. And not to mention her saying I don't care about my brother. I'm really pissed about that one.