Chapter 3 - "I'll be her dream kid. Barbie."

~ The Night of the Comet ~ Part One ~

Ronnie's POV

I sighed, grabbing my book-bag and walking out of my room. I quickly walked down the stairs, towards the kitchen. "Morning, dad." I greeted my father, who was pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Morning, sweetie." He said.

"Darling." A familiar voice said, bringing me into a hug.

"Mom?" I asked, pulling away from her. I looked up at her, "When did you get back from Milan?" I asked her.

She waved her hand, "Last night. I came to tell you, but you were asleep." She said, making me nod. She then looked down at my outfit and made a sound of disgust. "What are you wearing?"

"Clothes." I said, walking around her and towards my dad, who handed me a cup of coffee.

"They're ugly clothes, darling." She smiled, sitting down on a chair.

I rolled my eyes, "You know I don't like all those girly clothes, mother." I said, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Well, I brought back some clothes for you--" She was cut off by her phone ringing. She held her finger up at me, "Give me one minute." She said, getting up from her chair, walking out of the kitchen. The last thing I heard from her was her answering the phone.

I smiled slightly, turning towards my dad. "So, what's she doing home so soon?" I asked. My mom is rarely home, due to always running fashion shows in some other state or country, so it's weird that she's home, not to mention sooner than she planned.

He shrugged, "Something about the fashion show getting canceled, I don't know." He said, sitting his coffee cup in the sink. "Alright, I'm taking Luke to school." He said, kissing the side of my head. "Good luck." He smiled, before walking out of the kitchen.

I leaned against the counter, bringing the coffee mug up to my lips, taking a long sip.

"So, as I was saying." My mom said, walking back into the kitchen, now off her phone. "I brought you back some clothes, and I want you to try them on." She smiled.

My eyes widened slightly, "Oh, would you look at the time. I think I might be late for school." I said, looking at my wrist, which had no watch on it, and emptied the rest of my coffee in the sink. "Maybe some other time, though." I told her, walking around the counter and towards her.

"Veronica--" She started.

"Bye, mom. Love you." I said, walking out of the kitchen, kissing her cheek along the way. I may love that she's home early, but that doesn't mean I love when she dresses me up like a doll.

I quickly walked down the hall, towards the front door, grabbing my book-bag off the floor. I slung it over my shoulder, grabbing my keys and rushing out the door.

~~~~~

"Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years." Tanner said as I twiddled with my pencil, looking around the classroom, not really paying attention. I happened to notice Elena and Stefan staring at each other, making me roll my eyes. "Now, the comet will be it's brightest right after dusk during tomorrows celebration. Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?" Tanner asked, making both their heads snap towards him. Elena shook her head, looking up at the teacher, ignoring my chuckles.

The bell rang, making all the students rush out of the room, happy to be getting far away from Mr. Tanner. I picked up my book bag, going slower than usual, and walked out of the classroom. I looked down the hall, past all the students' heads, and saw Elena walking with Stefan. I quickly walked up to them, hearing what Salvatore was saying.