Chapter 31 - "I'll see you in hell."

~ There Goes the Neighborhood ~ Part One ~

Ronnie's POV

"So Damon killed your birth mom?" I questioned Elena with furrowed brows as we walked into school. This was the first time we were having an actual conversation since Shelia died.

"Yeah, killed and turned her." She spoke bitterly, a scowl on her face, which made me roll my eyes.

"Oh, so what? Damon's killed a lot of people." I repeated the words I told my mother when she told me he killed her sister. "He killed my aunt and you don't see me whining about it."

Elena held out an arm in front of me, stopping both of us from walking. "Hold up. Aunt?"

That was when I remembered the only people who knew about my recently uncovered family were Bonnie and the Salvatore brothers. "Oh, I didn't tell you, did I? Yeah, my mom has been living a double life." I said casually, before muttering, "Bitch."

Elena had a confused look on her face. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why didn't you tell me about your mom?" I shot back, raising a brow.

She rolled her eyes, both of us continuing down the hall towards my locker. "Touche. So, spill."

I huffed, my hand clutching my backpack strap tightly. "Turns out I'm from a long line of vampire hunters." I explained in almost annoyance. I was still salty I only found out recently. "I have an uncle, three aunts, and a cousin. Well, I guess I really only have two aunts now, thanks to Damon."

"Wow. How'd you find out?"

"I was sent this box of journals written by my mom. They were supposed to be sent to me when my mom died. The person that sent them to me thought she was dead. That was actually how I found out about vamps." I told her as we stopped at my locker. I quickly put my combo in, opening the metal door.

"I always wondered how you found out."

"Did I ever tell you I stabbed Stefan with a pin?" I asked, remember my encounter with Stefan at the beginning of the school year when I first found out about bloodsuckers.

Elena's shoulders slumped and she gave me a judging look. "Ronnie."

"I'm still waiting for an apology for that, by the way." Stefan's interrupted the conversation, walking up to stand next to his girlfriend. They greeted each other with a smile, making me want to vomit.

"Well, expect to wait for an eternity." I gave him a mocking smile. He only chuckled with a shake of his head.

As the couple starts to converse, I grabbed the books I needed from my locker, discarding the ones I didn't need in there. I looked in the small mirror that was placed on my locker door, leaning in slightly to get a better look at the cut on my head. It was healed by now, but there was a very noticeable scar in its place that made me scowl. 

My eyes trailed away from the cut, looking at a familiar person standing across the hall. In the reflection of the mirror was Sebastian and Lindsay, the latter was leaning back against the lockers while the former had his arm propped up on them, standing in front of her. He almost had her caged in. It was like a scene from one of those cliche movies. 

I watched them for a moment, shutting my locker when I saw they were leaning in to kiss each other. I felt like I was invading their privacy and not to mention it was weird of me to stare at them. To be honest, I thought she dumped his ass after the bachelor auction. Guess they were just having a lovers quarrel.

"I gotta get to class." I interrupted their conversation. I think they were talking about Damon a moment earlier, but right now they were talking about having fun. I really hope they don't mean sex. "See you two later, yeah?"