Chapter 52 - "Come on, old friend."

~ Memory Lane ~ Part Two ~

Ronnie's POV

"Ronnie, I'm tired," Lucas whined, tugging on my arm as he tried to pull me towards the front door. "Come on, let's go home." For the past ten minutes, he had been begging me to take him home. Usually, I would've given in just to shut him up, but I knew of Damon's plan and I wanted to see how it was going to play out. I knew he wasn't going to stab Mason in front of everyone, and thankfully, Elena had suggested we go for a more subtle approach first: Just have Mason cut the pie with the silver pie slicer. I agreed with her that it was better than stabbing Mason like Damon wanted to.

Knowing this was going to happen, I had to stick around and see what was going to happen, so I just had to endure my little brother nagging at me every ten seconds.

"Luke, there's a couch in the living room. Go sleep on it." I yanked my arm out of his unusually tight grip.

"Oh, come on. I don't know these people like that." He lowered his voice, looking around at the people we had known our entire lives, except for Ric and Damon.

I gave him a blank look, "Lucas, you have known these people for your entire life."

"Doesn't mean I'm comfortable sleeping in their living room. I'm vulnerable to attack."

My mouth fell open, blinking slowly as I tried to process my brother's idiotic words. "We're in the suburbs, not some back alley behind a dingy bar."

"People in the suburbs get robbed. If someone breaks in while I'm asleep in the living room, they'll kill me first." He tried to reason with me, but I just continued to look at him blankly.

"He can stay in Jeremy's room." Elena chuckled, having overheard our conversation. "He's not here right now."

"See, Elena understands." Luke gave me a mean look before turning around and walking towards the stairs, making his way to Jeremy's room.

"Oh, my god. Someone get that kid into therapy." I joked, giving Elena a thankful smile. "So, where is Jeremy, anyway? Shouldn't he be here?"

Elena nodded towards Damon with an almost angry expression on her face. "When he heard Damon was coming, he decided he didn't want to be here. He's at The Grill right now."

I clicked my tongue, "Aw, that sucks."

"Mason," Damon said loudly, earning my attention. He had the apple pie I brought in his hands, sitting it on the table in front of Mason. "Why don't you start us off?"

"Guess it's starting," I told Elena, referring to our plan. I walked over to the dining table, taking a seat next to Mason on the bench. I watched as Mason smiled, looking at the silver pie slicer that was sitting under a slice of pie.

"Sure." He agreed and turned the pie around so the pie slicer wasn't facing him and grabbed a whole slice a pie with his hands.

My mouth fell open in shock, my eyes going back and forth between Mason and the pie. "Dude, my pie..." I mumbled quietly.

Mason chuckled, noticing the looks he was getting not only from me but Ric as well. "What? I apologize. I'm an animal." He chuckled whilst I just shook my head. If Mason wasn't a werewolf, he really couldn't have picked worse words to use, because I'm sure Damon is sold on the idea by now.

Ric chuckled, trying to lighten the tense mood that had suddenly appeared. "So, Mason, you and Jenna never dated?"

He shook his head, "She was always lost in Logan Fell-land." He smiled, looking at the woman, who was sitting cups down in front of everyone.