Chapter 17 - "Hey, New Kid."

~ History Repeating ~ Part One ~

Ronnie's POV

"Have you even talked to Bonnie?" Elena asked as we walked towards the gates of hell. School.

"No. I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move." Caroline stated.

"Be the bigger person." Elena remarked, making me let out a loud scoff.

"Be the bigger person? Caroline is in the wrong here." I said, my eyes rolling so far back into my head I went into another dimension.

"Who's side are you on, V?" Caroline snapped. "Wait, don't even bother to answer. I know exactly what your answer is going to be."

"Be the bigger person, Caroline." Elena repeated.

Caroline let out a small scoff. "Impossible in her presence."

"Why are you so pissed at her, anyway?" Elena asked, a small smile on her face.

"She's a thief. That's why. I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle."

Glaring at the blonde, I let out a humorless laugh. "Bitch, I will backhand you all the way to Timbuktu."

Elena slapped my arm, making me let out a hiss. "Well, I tried. I'm officially out of it."

"Good. Your turn." Caroline stated, looking over at me. "Where's your mom?"

My eyes widened a bit, making me immediately divert them towards the ground. "Uh, you know, she's around."

"V, come on. Last I heard, she was in town. Did she leave again or what?"

"Just mind your own business, Caroline." I snapped before speeding up my pace and walking off without them.

"What did I do wrong now?" I heard Caroline ask loudly as I walked into the school.

My inner bitch is has apparently taken over my body today.

Opening my locker, I dumped my backpack into it, holding onto the metal door as I closed my eyes and breathed out. I felt like I was about to break down.

"Excuse me?"

"Not in the mood." I grumbled, keeping my head down and not looking up at the person who spoke to me.

"Oh, sorry." I heard the person say in an apologetic tone.

I sighed at myself, hitting my head on my locker before turning around. "Sorry, I'm just going through a lot right now. What can I do for you?"

The boy standing in front of me was attractive. He had hair black as night. Eyes a beautiful hazel. He was at least a foot taller than me, making me feel incredibly small standing in front of him. When I realized I was just staring at him, my face turned red as he smiled down at me.

"I was wondering if you could show me where Mr. Tanner's class is?"

Frowning, I took his schedule from his hands and looked at it. "Oh, um, they probably haven't taken him off schedules yet." I mumbled to myself before giving him the paper back. When I saw his confused look, I elaborated. "Tanner was sorta killed." I winced at my word choice. "I'm not sure who the new teacher is but I can take you there since I have that class."

A large smile overtook his face as I turned back towards my locker, grabbing my books. I slammed the locker shut, putting the lock back on it. "So where did you move from?" I asked as we started walking down the crowded halls. I looked down at my watch, seeing we had 5 minutes until the bell rang.