Chapter 42 - "'Cause he's in love with her."

~Isobel ~ Part Two ~

Ronnie's POV

"Have you seen Stefan Salvatore anywhere around here?" I stopped a random student who was walking down the hallways of the school, probably on his way out to the parking lot to help with the float. I felt bad that I hadn't really helped with the float at all. I had promised Caroline I would help and I totally bailed. I almost wished she knew about everything so she would understand why. At least she hasn't said anything about my absence yet.

"The football player?" He questioned, furrowing his very bushy brows as he tried to think of Stefan. When I nodded, he shook his head. "No, sorry." He shrugged before continuing on, trying to balance the box of decorations in his hand as he opened the doors to outside.

I huffed, rubbing my eyes as I walked down the now empty hallway. Or at least I thought it was empty until I bumped into a person. And to think, I was about to apologize to the person before I looked up and saw who it was. Feeling very cautious, I took a step backward. "Isobel. What are you doing here? Don't tell me, you're one of those cougars who preys on little freshman." I just didn't know when to keep my mouth shut.

She seemed to brush my comment off, tilting her head with that weird little evil smile Elena had told me about on her face. "Ronnie. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"Wish I could say the same, dear." I retorted, before pointing to the exit over my shoulder. "You know, my friend asked me to help with this float thing, so I should really get going." I said, trying to walk away, only for her to grab my wrist tightly. If she holds it like that for much longer, it's gonna leave a bruise. "Hey, bitch, let me go."

"Gotta say, I can't see why Katherine likes you." She stated, looking me up and down in distaste.

"Katherine?"

She hummed, "I'm sure you already know all the details about her."

"I mean, not really. Aside from the fact she banged both Damon and Stefan, I'm pretty clueless about her." I said, trying to yank my hand away but because of her strength, there was no point. 

"I'm not sure if she likes you because she wants to have a Chasseur as a friend rather than an enemy, but she's just dying to meet you." Isobel said, tightening her grip even more, making me feel like my hand was about to fall off.

I yelped, "Jesus, woman. Let me go!"

She smiled slightly, letting go and acting as if she hadn't just been hurting me.

I brought my wrist up to my chest, rubbing it to get the pain to go away. "Listen, I don't care if Katherine likes me or not. For all I care, the bitch can go straight to hell for what she did to the Salvatore brothers."

Isobel let out a breathy chuckle, "She wanted me to tell you something."

"Oh, yeah? And what's that?"

"She thinks you two could have a lot of fun together. She wants you to be prepared for her appearance in Mystic Falls soon." Isobel told me. "Oh, and she also wants you to keep this little interaction to yourself, including the fact that she'll be here any day."

I furrowed my brows, letting out a scoff. "What makes you think I'll actually listen?"

She smiled, but her eyes were void of emotion, making my skin crawl. "Well, you'll listen if you want your little brother to make it to his teen years."

My body tensed and I glared at her with all the hate in my body. "Lucas has nothing do with this. He's just a kid."

"And he'll be a dead kid if you don't do as we say and keep your mouth shut."