Chapter 5 - "You're a wizard, Harry."

~ Friday Night Bites ~ Part One ~

Third POV

Caroline laid asleep in her bed, blood covering her neck. Her eyes slowly opened, the sun shining in her eyes, before she sat up, gasping as she remembered what happened the night before. She looked in her mirror that was right in front of the bed, seeing as certain shirtless Salvatore sleeping next to her. She raised her hand up to her neck, gasping slightly as she saw the blood. She covered her mouth with her hand, glancing over at Damon. She let out a breath as she started to slowly get out of bed, trying to not make any noise. She stood up from the bed on her tip-toes, slowly walking towards her bedroom door.

As she stepped onto her yellow rug, a floorboard creaked, making her stop walking and glance over at the sleeping man. She gathered her strength, before walking forwards again. She put her hand on the doorknob, turning it slowly. She closed her eyes as it made small creaks. She looked over at her bed, seeing it was now empty, making her let go of the doorknob.

"Good morning." Damon said, making her look back towards the door, seeing him now in front of her.

She started backing away from him, "Please... don't."

Every step she took backward, he took one forwards. She bumped into her nightstand, looking at the lamp sitting on it. She quickly grabbed it.

"Don't do that." Damon warned.

She raised the lamp, hitting him across the face with it, but he didn't flinch, his head only turning to the side. She threw the lamp to the ground, making it land with a shatter as she crawled across her bed. She got off the bed, picking up the first thing she saw on the other nightstand.

"Ah, ah, ah." Damon looked at her, holding out a finger.

She grunted as she threw the random object at him, making him duck. She started running towards her door, only to have the raven-haired man catch her. "No! No!" She yelled as he threw her back onto the bed. She grabbed a pillow, not realizing it was the one soaked in her blood, and threw it at him. "Get away from me!" She yelled, watching as he caught the pillow. She shook her head, tears coming to her eyes. "No!"

"This could have gone a completely different way." He said, shaking his head. He brought the pillow up, his smirk falling as he looked at the blood on it. He brought it up to his nose, taking in a big whiff, making veins crawl out from underneath his eyes, his fangs coming out. He threw the pillow onto the bed, before rushing towards her.

~~~~~

Ronnie POV

I pulled into the parking spot right next to Bonnie's car, getting out the same time as her and Elena. "What's up, my beautiful best friends?" I asked, closing the car door as I looked at them. They greeted me with a smile.

"I'm not saying don't date the guy." Bonnie told Elena. "I'm just saying take it slow." She said, walking around the car and towards us.

"Okay, I'm getting the feeling that we're talking about Stefan." I said, looping my arm with Bonnie's when she got close enough.

Elena pointed at our best friend, "You were the one who said to go for it."

"Now I'm saying take it slow." Bonnie said, before looking over to me for help.

My mouth opened and closed, before I nodded, looking over at Elena. "Yep, you should take it slow." I said, adjusting my backpack strap on my shoulder.

"Why the about-face?" Elena asked as we walked down the sidewalk.

"It's not an about-face." Bonnie shrugged. "You're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field." She said, making me let out a short chuckle.