Chapter 38 - "How do vampires even get boners?"

~ Miss Mystic Falls ~ Part Two ~

Ronnie's POV

"Has anyone seen Amber?" Mrs. Lockwood asked, walking past Elena, Caroline, and I. It was only the three of us now, and I was getting anxious again. Luckily, I was the second to last one to go, meaning if I fucked up, the next person would take the attention away. But apparently, the last one to go is Amber-- who's missing now.

"Do you see Stefan down there?" Elena asked, peering over the stairs railing, looking down at the floor below us.

"Nope, just my boring fill-in escort." Caroline said after looking over the railing.

"What happened to Matt?"

"They wouldn't let him out of work." Caroline sighed in disappointment. "What happened the Stefan?" 

"I don't know. He just disappeared somewhere. I don't know." Elena said before shaking her head. "What am I doing? I never should have gone through with this."

"Elena, no--"

"What do you mean?" Caroline cut me off.

"I need to find Stefan. This isn't me. I'm not this person anymore."

"Uh, no, no, no, no way, no. You had your chance to dropout." Caroline said, stopping Elena from walking away. "And believe me, I was all for it. Because there's no way that I can beat you." She said, earning a look of pity from Elena. "Elena, you're doing this because it was important to your mom."

I nodded in agreement. "Ditto."

"Ms. Caroline Forbes," The announcer said loudly, making all of us smile. "And her escort Jeffery Lockwood Hamilton." I snorted at his name, watching Caroline walk down the stairs.

"Elena, you're next, come on." Carol said, motioning for Elena to stand at the top of the stairs. I bit my lip, looking over the railing, seeing Stefan not there and the only boys there being Sebastian and Amber's escort. I waved my hand frantically, trying to catch Bash's attention, which thankfully worked. He gave me a quizzical look, raising a brow.

I pointed to Elena before bringing my hands together as if I was begging him, mouthing the word please. I made some more bizarre hand motions, hoping he would get it. He seemed to understand, as he nodded, a slightly disappointed look on his face. I walked over to Elena, whispering in her ear, "Bash is going to escort you."

She looked at me quickly, shaking her head. "Ronnie, no. He's your date. Who's going to dance with you?"

"I am a strong, independent woman. I'll dance on my own."

"You'll make a fool of yourself."

"Obviously, I'm not going to do that, Elena. When my name is called, I'm going to walk down the stairs then walk off to the side. No one will notice." I said as her name was called. 

"Thanks, Ronnie. I owe you." She then put a smile on her face, walking down the stairs, the people applauding her. I watched as she grabbed Bash's hand, both of them walking outside and to the dance floor. "Damn right you do." I grumbled.

I took a deep breath in, preparing myself for the disappointed stares. "Ms. Veronica Tate. Escorted by Mr. Sebastian Chamberlain." I smiled as I walked down the stairs slowly, the people clapping just like they did for the other girls. I saw Damon move away from Mayor Lockwood, coming to stand at the bottom of the stairs. I smiled at him, letting out a breath of relief. I grabbed his hand, both of us walking outside. "Where is your idiot brother?" I whispered to him.

"I don't know." He whispered back as we lined up with the rest of the couples.

"I'll murder him." I told him, each of us bowing to our partner.