Chapter 17

Ryan's POV:

196...197...198...199...200. Okay. The number's right. I should pass these copies out now-

"Go and die you fucking bastard! I have enough of you already! I'm done with you! Go and burn in hell!" A sudden outburst made me stand rooted to the ground as I peered around the corner. Isn't that Dawne from the editorial department?

 Isn't that Dawne from the editorial department?

How I imagine Dawne to look like^

"Dawne?" She spun around quickly to face me while wiping her tears away swiftly.

"Oh. H-Hi Ryan."

"Are you alright?" Wait...that's a stupid question. Of course she's not alright. "Sorry, ignore that question." She chuckled softly at my stupidity making my cheeks redden. Seems like I just made myself a fool in front of another...damn...

"It's alright Ryan. Thanks for asking. I'm fine. Just some couple quarrel." Doesn't sound like 'just some' to me...oh well...

"If you have any problems, you can find me any time if you want someone to spill your heart to...if you don't mind?" Laughing awkwardly, she laughed lightly before nodding slightly.

"Sure. Thanks Ryan. You're really a great guy."

"N-No problem?"

"Then I'll get going now. Thanks Ryan." She chuckled lightly for the last time before rushing away. Oh shit! The documents! I'm going to get killed!

Adrian's POV:

"I'm sorry I'm late! Here are your documents Adrian." Ryan spoke frantically as he burst through my doors. Haha. I can't help but think that he looks so cute looking all flustered and all.

"Don't worry love. I won't kill you or anything even if you're more than an hour late." He smiled sheepishly before placing my required documents down neatly. "Thanks."

Finally. Now I just have to collate...shit. Where is it? I remembered that I brought it to work...where is it? Did I drop it on the road? Shit shit shit!

"What's wrong Adrian?"

"I can't find my folder..."

"The one for today's meeting?"

"Yeah."

"You left it on the coffee table this morning. I reminded you to bring it just before we left the house...I guess you forgot..." I guess I did forget about it...oops?

"Sorry! Um...can you help me grab it? I don't think I have extra time to spare..." Glancing at the piles of paperwork stacked around me dejectedly, he chuckled lightly before nodding. "Thanks love. You're the best."

"No worries. Just focus on getting your work done or you'll have to burn the midnight oil again." Ah damn...don't remind me...

"Yes Sir!" Mock saluting at him, he grinned slightly before leaving my office quietly, leaving me in utter silence which I don't really appreciate. I want to hear his voice and laughter more often...tsk...oh well, time to get working.