Chapter 36

Sorry guys! I just realised that this chapter was removed...idk how or why...but here ya'll go again. I swear I posted it yesterday...This is so weirdd....sigh... :(

Adrian's POV:

"Any news?"

"Sorry Sir but it seems like there's no one who looks like the guy you asked us to find in France. We'll be moving on to the next country soon."

"Thanks. Report back to me when you've found him. Thank you." Hanging up the call, I stared out into the open space emotionlessly as paperwork continued to pile on my desk.

It's been a month since Ryan disappeared. A squad of elite secret agents, 1 month, 5 countries and he's still not found. How many more months do I have to wait just to hear that Ryan's safe and even found?! A month has passed yet there's no information about him at all!

*knock knock*

"What!" I snapped at the unknown person behind my doors.

The doors opened gently to reveal Mum standing there with a soft glare on her face. "You have to calm down, Adrian. You're scaring your staffs." Like I even care. I ain't have time for that!

"How can I calm down when Ryan's still missing?! I can't! Ryan's your son too, isn't he? How can you be so calm even though he just vanished like that from us?!" I lashed out unintentionally at Mum, making her sigh deeply before closing the doors behind her.

She stared at me into my eyes directly and intensely before directing a question to me which caused myself to look down in remorse. "Do you think Ryan would want to see you like that? In this state?"

Her words pierced through my heart like a sharp arrow, playing over and over again in my mind. I knew the answer to her question even without thinking of it. He wouldn't. Ryan wouldn't stand to look at me in my current state. Knowing him, he would beat my senses back into me and force me to be myself once again as he scolds me for being so unsightly.

"He wouldn't..." She nodded her head at my words in agreement before walking over to my side.

"And you know that it's true. I may not show it, Adrian but I do miss him a lot. Which Mother wouldn't miss her son or worry about him? I can be like you, all upset and depressed but do you think that Ryan will like it if I did that? He wouldn't. That's the kind of guy my son and your boyfriend is. Do you understand what I'm trying to convey to you?" She said motherly with a strong front before wrapping her arms around my shoulders and pulling my head gently to rest against her torso as she stroked my hair lightly in a comforting manner.

"Thank you, Mum."

"No problem, dear. So do what you should do and Ryan will be back in your arms safe, before you even know it. You must prove to him that you're someone he can come back to and depend on when he's lost. Okay?"

"Okay. I'll do my best."

"That's my boy...I miss him so much..."

"Me too Mum...me too..." We stayed at that position for a while before Mum pried herself away, claiming that she has to go and start preparing dinner for us.

Taking a deep and firm breath, I let it out along with all my troubles and hesitation. I have to focus and do my job well or else Ryan will come and lecture me when he comes back. Won't you, Ryan?

I bet you will.

I miss you so much, Ryan. Please come back to me soon.

Arien's POV:

"Officer Arien! The victim's awake!" My colleague reported eagerly with amused eyes as he dashed into my office with beads of sweat rolling down his neck.