Chapter 24

QOTD: Spicy or Sweet? I can't stand spicy so sweet for me.

Adrian's POV:

"Who are we meeting, Adrian?"

"A client slash friend of mine. He says he wants to hang out and asked me to bring a partner along in case I feel left out..." Leon suddenly called me out of nowhere and practically demanded a meetup...I didn't even get to think about it...

"Feel left out? What does that mean?" Who knows? For some reason...I feel like I'm missing something...I wonder what is it.

"No idea but oh well. We just have to see for ourselves."

"Hopefully it's not something surprising..."

"Yeah. I wonder what he meant." Turning into the driveway, we got out of the car once we've parked the car.

"A hotel?"

"I guess so...he says that there's an restaurant upstairs and would be meeting us there." Hopefully it's not too classy...I'm wearing just jeans and a button up...

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

"Welcome, Sir. Did you book a table?" The attendant addressed us professionally as she stacked the menus in her arms.

"Yes. It's under Sterling."

"Please, come this way Sirs. Mr Sterling is at table 6." Leading the way, she brought us to the table swiftly where Leon was already seated.

"Here are your menus Sirs. Please take your time to choose."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." Leaving the menus with us, she went away quickly to attend to the other tables.

"It's great to see you again, Adrian." Leon greeted warmly with a cheerful smile as he reached over for a handshake.

"Same here. It's great to see you again, Leon."

"I hope that you'll like this place. Their dishes served are wonderful."

"I'll be looking forward to it then. By the way, may I know why you've requested me to bring along a partner?" He stared at me questioningly before holding up 2 pairs of tickets.

"I've told you that we're having a double date, didn't I?" Did he? Oh yeah! I forgot! Wait...double date?! What does he mean by that?!

"I guess you did?"

"So I guess he's your boyfriend? He's really kind of cute." He chuckled lightly when Ryan blushed deeply at his words. Wiat...cute? Does he not mind that we're dating?

"Yeah. He is... Y-You're not against it?"

"Of course not. By the way, it's great to meet you. I'm Leonard, Leon for short." He introduced himself to Ryan as they shook hands together.

"It's great to meet you too, Leon. I'm Ryan."

"By the way Leon, where's your partner?"

"She's on the way here currently. Why don't you guys order something to eat first?"

"It's alright, we'll wait."

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

"Oh! She's here. Over here, Cath!" Cath? For some reason, that name sounds familiar...

"Sorry for being late, Leon."

"It's fine, Catherine. Here, meet Adrian and Ryan." Catherine?! Snapping my head towards Leon's direction, our eyes met each other in shock. This isn't just surprising but shocking. Who would have thought that Leon's partner is actually her?!

"Catherine?!"

"Adrian?!"

"You guys know each other?" Leon questions,puzzled as he stared between the two of us.

"She's Adrian's fiancee..." Ryan spoke up after a moment of silence as we all stared at each other awkwardly.

"Wait...so you're saying that the one she's arranged marriage to is Adrian?" Leon questions in disbelief as he stared at Ryan surprised.

"Yes."

"And you don't bother about it?" Upon his harsh words, Ryan's head drop slightly as tears welled up in his eyes.

"I do but I can't interfere. I have no authority to do so." Ryan whispered softly as tears fell from his face and onto the table top.

"Please don't make it sound like his fault, Leon. He couldn't do anything even if he wants to. It's my fault so please don't blame him." Touching his shoulder firmly, I wiped his tears away gently before placing a soft kiss at the corner of each eyes. "Sorry love. Please don't cry already, okay?" Nodding lightly, he wiped away his tears before regaining his composure. That's my Ryan.

"Shit. S-Sorry Ryan! I didn't mean to say it so harshly. Please forgive me." Leon apologized frantically once he saw Ryan's tears falling. Seems like he's weak to someone crying.

"It's alright, Leon."

"Okay, everyone, stop. Let's talk this out calmly." Catherine says authoritatively, making all of us settle down and listen to her. "So as we can see, me and this guy is in a stupid arranged marriage which I don't agree to and which he doesn't know off until later. Not to say, I have someone else I love and the same goes for him. So I'm definitely not going to marry him as we both know that it is just not right. Agree, Adrian?" 

Did she just say stupid? The Catherine I knew never curses.

"Don't look at me like that Adrian. I'm not as refined as you think I am. It's all for show, especially when you have a father like mine. Manners is everything. But, you do agree with me right?"

"Totally. So, we have to read the contract our fathers made and see if we can find out any loopholes which can let us call off this marriage. Right?"

"Exactly. I don't want Ryan and Leon to be stuck in between forever. It sucks to be unable to be with Leon openly and I know how much Ryan's hurting when he can't be in the open with you as your lover. Let's end this bullshit that our fathers have created and find our own happiness. Are you guys in?" Nodding in union, she grinned widely in satisfaction before handing us a menu each.

"Are we going to do something with these?" Ryan asks confusedly as he held the menu up, as though inspecting it.

"Yes. Order up. I'll pay for today's meal." She offered generously, making as stare at her with wide eyes. Getting treated by a woman? That's a first.

"We can't-"

"Shush. Take it as an payment for the previous meal. I was in a bad mood then cuz of this incident so, sorry. " She says apologetically with a slight blush on her cheeks making Leon stare at he curiously.

"It's alright. All is fine."

"Anyway, I'm still paying for this. Just order all you like. After that, we're all going to think of how we're going to blow the contract. Now order up!"

"Yes Mdm!"

"Excuse me. I'm sorry Sirs and Madam but you have to lower your volumes down as you're disturbing the other customers." A waiter rushed towards us frantically making us chuckle guiltily at him.

"Sorry. We will keep it down." 

"Thank you." Oops. I forgot that we're still in the restaurant.