Chapter 42

Ryan's POV:

"I'll brief you all again. Rey, you will be stationed at Tower C while Vin will be stationed at Tower A. Rey You will watch the person's back while Vin will watch the front." Dwayne instructed as we sat around the map of the area we'll be at, with us fully armed and dressed.

"Noted." Vin and I nodded in acknowledgement before grabbing hold of our snipers to do a final check that it's loaded and with a silencer.

"Good. Chris, you will guard the person from the back of the podium while Arien will blend in with the reporters at the front. I'll be on the stairs of the podium where it's nearer to him. If you guys see anyone suspicious, disarm them and knock then them down. Got it?"

"Yes Sir." Arien replied while Chris just nodded quietly as he pulled on his black leather gloves. He looks so hot in full black. Wait...what the hell am I thinking about? This is not the time to think hot hot he is. I've got to concentrate.

"Great. Now roll out. I expect to see all of you in position in 10. Now go!" Dwayne barked out authoritatively as he tightened the laces of his combat boots before sprinting off to his own position.

Within record time, I raced to my designated place before crouching down low when I reached the rooftop silently with my rifle in hand. Peering down from the edge of the roof, my eyes met Dwayne's as he gave me a quick nod before turning away to make sure that the others are at position too.

"The person will be coming in shortly. Prepare yourselves." Dwayne informed us through our bluetooth earpieces as we sent our acknowledgement back to him.

Minutes later, we received another notice from Dwayne, informing us that the person is entering the area now. Loading my rifle, I laid down on the ground flat as I scanned the area through my scope, giving me a clear bird-eye view of the area from above.

"Everyone, standby in positions now. He's going up on podium." Dwayne informed us once again as I aimed my rifle down towards the podium to the the back of the person's head. I guess I should not aim at him in case I accidentally pull the trigger. Shifting my rifle away from the person's head, I turned it towards the large empty screen which is facing my direction.

Without further ado, the large screen lit up, showing the persons face as he began to speak. "Good Afternoon everyone. I'm Adrian Black, CEO of Black Inc. Thank you for-"

The rest of his words blanked out from my mind as his name and his face raced in my mind, making my head hurt. Clutching my head in anguish, I dropped my rifle on the ground in pain as my head felt like it was going to erupt as memories related to the person came flooding in instantaneously, not giving me any time to process them.

"Are you okay? Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm Adrian. What's your name?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ryan?" He stared up innocently as he held tightly onto my hand.

"Y-Yes?"

"You're beautiful. I like you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I hate him..." Adrian glared darkly at the waiter's back, sending a chill down my spine.

"Why, Young Master?"

"He was flirting with you. You're m-" He stopped mid-sentence before fiddling with his thumbs.