Chapter 23

Ryan's POV:

*knock knock*

"Who is it?"

"It's me, Master."

"Come in." He gruffed out grumpily as I opened the doors slowly to reveal him with a bottle of whiskey in hand. "What do you want?"

Closing the doors behind me, I ensured that they're fully closed before speaking. "It's about A-Young Master, Master."

"What about him?" He asks nonchalantly as he downed a glass without sparing me a single glance.

"Someone planted a bomb under his car earlier." Looking up slightly, he revealed an amused gaze before changing it into one of those couldn't be bothered look. What's with those looks? Shouldn't he be worried? I mean, someone planted a bomb under Adrian's car which could have killed him!

"Oh. I see. He's fine right? So don't disturb me." He brushed my words off without care as he continued to drink.

"I'm sorry Master but aren't you going to do something about it?"

"He's not injured or dead yet, right? What do you want me to do then?" Is he that heartless?! Can't he see the seriousness in this matter? His son's life is on the line!

"He is your son, right? Aren't you at least worried about his safety?" He snorted loudly before getting up to take another bottle.

"That brat is a grown up already. He can handle such things himself."

"But can you a least hire a few more bodyguards to look out for him? This way, we can really ensure that he's always safe." Looking up at me into my eyes, he shot me a cold glare before finishing his opened bottle in a go.

"Are you saying that you're incapable of protecting him?" That's not what I meant at all!

"No Master, I don't mean that."

"Then get loss. Don't bother me over such minor things." Minor? You call this minor?!

"Master, he's your son. Aren't you afraid that he'll get killed by someone?! Shouldn't you do something about it?" Shit. I raised my voice at him.

"Is that the way to talk to your Master? Raising your voice like that and questioning my actions? Is that how someone should talk to their Master?" He questioned sternly before flinging the empty bottle against his office doors, causing it to shatter instantly. Shit, he's pissed.

"I'm sorry Master. I'm just worried about Young Master's safety."

"Why do you care anyway? Who is that brat to you?" He's someone I love deeply.

"He is a Master and a brother to me, Master. That's why it is also my responsibility to make sure that he's safe."

"And you've said it. Your responsibility. Not mine. You deal with it, not me. This is not the first time anyway. He should be used to it by now."

"But-"

"Any more questions? Or do you want to argue with your Master some more?"

"...No, Master. I'll be taking my leave now. Sorry for wasting your time."

"Get loss and do your job."

"Yes, Master." Exiting his office promptly, my thoughts wandered around aimlessly as I advanced my way towards Adrian room. Sigh...seems like I just have to tell him the truth for his safety.

Adrian's POV:

*Knock Knock*

"Come in."