Author Note

Greetings, WattPotters!

Welcome to my fan edit of the newest addition to our favorite franchise, HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD. If you have been following my other work, you'll know that I have recently concluded a retrospective of the fandom and a full analysis of the play in order to best understand why the majority of fans felt disappointed with "the 8th story".

Before we begin, you can trust that all of the issues and complaints I covered in NOT MY CANON! have been taken into account before the first scene was written. I have done my best to remedy them where possible. If you run across elements of which you still don't approve, realize that some of this needed to remain for it to be considered a modification of the original, which I'll explain further in the posts to come. Also, understand that I might have left them there in order to repurpose these concepts and provide new reasons for why they had been included in the first place. 

There will definitely come times when you read parts from the play that may not have changed (or may not seem to have changed) that irritated us all on the first go around. At times, it will feel like déjà vu. 

However, you'll notice differences right away between my version and the original. The first scene will not resemble what we read from the Epilogue, but don't worry. You know me, I'm a canon junkie and "19 Years Later" is technically canon. It's what happened, but it won't feel that way at the start. 

Hard to explain. Just trust me. 

Ideally, the average reader will piece together my reasoning for every decision by the conclusion of the play, where it not only makes sense, but is exactly what they wanted and needed out of the story. In other words, stay with me. It will all come together in the end.   

I'm not so vain as to believe that this fan edit will satisfy everyone. That's impossible. But I did try. And I think the majority of you will be pleased with what I've created. This has taken me much longer than originally planned, and that's because I got really into it. You guys matter so much to me and I didn't want to give y'all something that wasn't worth the emotional investment you already have with this franchise. It didn't take long for me to start feeling like this was a story that needed to be told. Not just a visit into the chaotic adventures of the next generation, but the perfect conclusion to the Harry Potter saga.

I am so eager to share it with you and to get your feedback! But first, let's establish expectations. 

This is a new book, so don't forget to add it to your reading list!