Gas

"BOY! Did I say that you could sleep? How dare you go to sleep before your punishment, you little freak! Just you wait!" My uncles purple face loomed at me from the cupboard door. "Get upstairs now" he hissed. Scrambling toy feet and rushing past him I catch the unmistakable scent of alcohol. 'Oh no, he's been drinking!'

Depending on  how drunk he is, this could ether be bad, or worse. I don't even want to think about what is waiting for me tonight. I quickly accend the stairs only to slow down once I hit the landing. The silver bucket is sitting in front of the door. 'So it's that then. Oh no, I'll be locked in the room with it tonight again. At least I can sit near the open window' I think whilst walking to the door of the torcher room. 

The once white walls are now yellow with the brown specks of old blood covering the walls. The dark blue carpet has darker patches that seem to smudge together from nights I was left bleeding on the floor. Black out curtains were framing the closed window with bars on the outside so I can't escape on the nights my uncle leaves me broken and bloody, lying on the floor. 

'Hold on! Closed! The window is closed! No! Ok calm down Harry, maybe he will open it before he leaves! That's it, he doesn't want the neighbours to hear anything!' I think trying to reassure my self. 

I make my way to the center of the room and stand next to the old worn bed,  one of the only pices of furniture in the room, it had a blood stains mattress on it. So much blood covered the mattress that it may as well have been made of the stuff. The only other pice of furniture is a wardrobe with different types of belts in it.as well as the belts there is other equipment in it, suck as multiple different whips that I didn't know the name of and a walking stick that he used as a cane. A baseball bat stood nest to the wardrobe, leaning slightly against the wood of the wardrobe. This was only ever used on my legs, but it's capable of breaking the bones. I better be careful! If he uses that and breaks something I won't be able to do my chores properly. If I don't dot chores properly then it'll be another beating and the cycle continues.

Who am I kidding? It doesn't matter how careful I am, I'm going to get a beating, it's non stop. He does it for fun. He'll say I've done something wrong, then beat me, then he'll say I've done something whilst he's beating me, then he'll rape me. Right, wrong, good, bad, it doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is surviving until Hogwarts. I'm safe there. That is unless Voldemort decides to pay a visit, which will be more than likely. That man has been trying to kill me since the day I was born. 

Oh well, nothing new there. Everyone wants me dead. No one cares about me! They pretend to, so they can have the fame of being friends with 'the boy who lived' or there after my money, like the weasleys. Giny wants to marry me for my money, Ron and Hermiony want to be my friend for my fame. No one cares. In fact the only peple who doesn't lie about their feelings for me are on the dark side, and they hate me!

"Face the wall, you know the drill!" My uncle yells as he storms into the room bucket in hand. The stuff for this particular punishment are lodged within the bucket. 'Shit, I hope he opens the window later' is all I think as I make my way over to the wall and put my hands on it, shoulder width apart. I do the same with my legs.

**************

I wake up later with my head against something metal. 'Great he beat me to unconsciousness again. Well at least he didn't rape me' I think as I go to sit up I feel something running down my legs and notice that I'm naked. 'Ok so he did.' I look around trying to make sence of everything when I notice that there's something soft brushing against my back. Whilst trying  to turn my head around to have a look at them I notice for the first time that everything looks foggy. That's when I realise that the bucket is right next to me and there's smoke coming out of it. "SHIT!" I yell whilst making a be line to the window. Uncles favourite game.

Gas chamber.

I stand still for a split second when I notice that the window is still shut. I reach out my hand slowly to push the button that unlocks it. Nothing it won't budge. In a panic I try to ram it open but the thing won't move. The smoke is filling the room at this point and it's getting hard to breath. In a last ditch attempt I try to break the glass, but after a week of not eating and two beatings in the past 24 hours my body does not have the strength. After a few seconds I start to get dizzy from the fumes and I coarse down to the floor.

Whilst trying to get up I notice the the door doesn't have the towel at the bottom that my uncle usually puts there on the outside. I start to crawl towards the door so tht I can place my face next to the gap. About half way there I start to vomit blood from the fumes. That's when I pass out again.