Two Way Street

The next month passes by uneventfully. No Dumbles trying to make us join his order. Even Weasel is keeping his distance. That may or may not be due to the triplets who have managed to jinx both of them into saying nothing but the highest praise to Slytherin as well as revealing embarrassing secrets about themselves. They even move through the halls by ballet dancing and humming swan lake. No one's even trying to find the counter.

Before I know it the next full moon is upon us. 

"Ahhh, the Kaen siblings, are you ready to go home tonight and make a start on the ritual?" Madame umbridge askis us at the breakfast table.

"Yes, but don't worry Madame Umbridge, we will be back by breakfast tomorrow."

"No, no, Tori. You four are excused from first period tomorrow. That way you can have a little extra time to recover."

"Thank you but-"

"I insist. Rituals are quiet taxing and Kobaru always looks exhausted after. I take it, that is due to the amount of Creatures he has?"

"That is correct. My magic forced an early inheritance for me and triggered my siblings inheritance too. However something happened that complicated things. My brother and sisters only got a quarter of their inheritance. It causes a strain on our bond and magic. Due to myself being the most magically strong, at the moment, they pull on my magic to feed the bond."

"Oh, then take the day off tomorrow. Coming in and doing magic after performing something so taxing is bound to cause problems. We don't want anyone to get hurt, after all."

"Of course not. We will take your advice and take the day off. On behalf of Tori, Kobaru, Asuka and myself, thank you."

"You're welcome. So this ritual, the 'Tamashi no tsuyo-sa' was it? what exactly does it do? I have never heard of it before and my colleagues and I looked through quite a few books."

"We apologize, but it is a sacred ritual for those people with a soul bond and as such is only known to those with said bond. It is not written about in books because it exists with the bond. As such it is a closely guarded secret" I say.

"I see. Well, no matter, just as long as it is not dangerous?"

"Only for us. It is quite possible to make a mistake and draw too much power from Kobaru and leave him weak for about a week, but nothing life threatening." We let Tsubame explain it to Umbridge.

"So this ritual has a chance at making him magically weak. Could it drain him completely of his magic?"

"No. It shares out his magic between all three of us and evens everything out. It won't take all of his magic. It could also leave him in one of his creature modes. That is something we should have told you."

"Yes his basilisk form. About that, does he have the characteristics of his creatures?"

"If you're asking if I have the basilisk's gaze then your answer is yes. The only reason that I didn't kill the headmaster on Samhain is because of the amount of people in the room with us. I kept the protective lid over my eyes so that I didn't kill someone by accident."

"I didn't know they had that."

"We do."

"We?" Suddenly a little black snake poked its head out of my shirt. 

"This is Aria. She is my familiar. Don't worry, she is not dangerous and is only on my person at weekends and the day of the full moon. Any other time she is with professor Snape. She gives him some scales, venom and any skin she sheds in payment for taking care of her. She can get very tempermental at times, so Aria says that it is only fair to give him something in return for putting up with her moods."

"Says? You can understand her?"

"Yes we do have serpent tongue."

"Parseltongue is said to be evil."

We laugh. Hard. "Madame, where we're from the ability is celebrated. It is only in this country where the art is criticised. In China, Africa and India most healers have and use the skill. In australia Parselmouths go around the country, communing with the snakes and asking them not to bite people unless they feel threatened. Japan, Greece and Scandinavia celebrate is as a gift from Lady Magic herself. Everywhere else but here it is not thought on. They don't hate it but they don't go out of their way to make a big deal about it" Asuka explains. We have everyone's attention at this point. Most of the Raven look like they want to run off to the library to research this. It's a good thing that we looked it up before coming to Hogwarts.

"Really? I've never read anything like that."

"Those books have been outlawed in Britain."

"Then how do you know?"

"We are originally from Japan. This is what we learnt at a young age. We had to stop our learning when we were seven and came to this country."

"So, all four of you are..."

"We are parselmouths, yes."

"I knew it. Your all evil, slimy snakes. We have one of those in our house. They-"

"SHUT UP WEASEL!" Was chorused by the entire student body. For once a thought made a very long and lonely journey to his brain and he shut up.

"Mr. Weasley that will be a weeks detention with me."

"Now, now delores, I'm sure that is a little too steep. He obviously didn't mean to upset Kobaru, Asuka, tsubame and Tori. It's just-"

"I swear old man if you say that it is a misunderstanding, I'll strangle you with your beard and shove lemon drops down your throat."

  "50 points from Slytherin for your death threat-" 

"Oh, pipe down you old windbag. I never threatened to kill you." 

"Kobaru! What has gotten into you?" Asuka exclaims.

"I'm sick and tired of the goat insulting us. He refuses to show us respect then I will not show him any."

"I am your headmaster. I demand that you be respectful."

"Respect is given, where respect is earned. If you want to be treated respectfully, then you should treat others in kind."

"Detention with me every day for a month for your disrespect."

"No thank you. I'm busy."

"It's not optional."

"Actually, as headmaster of this school you can't sit in detentions. You can pass them on to other members of staff, but you can't be assigned to them. So for the next month I can't sit in detention with you, as I will be in detention with somebody else." Me and my group get up and walk to the door. As I am opening it I look over my shoulder and across the sea of stunned faces and look at the headmaster and say "good day, Dick-a-dore." then close the door behind us.