Heartache and Truths

After getting my wrist fixed Tom leads me down to the dining room where everyone else is. The room has a light wood flooring and white walls. A clear crystal chandelier is hanging from the center of the ceiling above the mahogany dining table and chairs.

After we enter the room Tom directs me to the chair next to Draco and takes a seat at the head of the table. On his left in order of closes to furthest is; Lucius, Narcissa, Draco and then me. Severus is sat on his right hand side, in front of Narcissa. Once I've had a quick glance at everyone so that I can be aware of where everyone is and know where potential danger could come from I look down at my hands that are entwined with each other on the table.

After a few minuets of silence two house elves appear with food for everyone. Once everyone has been served, the elves disappear and everyone else starts to eat. I look at the chicken and vegetables in front of me, but make no move to eat it. My Uncle likes to play this game. 

"Mr. Potter, I can assure you that the food is not poisoned, so if you could be so kind as to eat your dinner." Snape says.

"Why should I believe that? Voldemort vowed not to harm me, but that doesn't mean that none of you will or even a house elf for that matter. How do I know that this isn't all one sick game to mess with my head?" 

Draco then does something that surprises all of us. He wipes his fork with a napkin and then proceeds to pick some chicken and some vegetables off my plate with his fork and eat it. "There, see? I wouldn't have eaten it if it was poisoned and the others wouldn't have let me if they knew it was. Now do you believe us?" I nod yes. "Will you please eat now?" I shake my head, no.

"And why, Mr. Potter, will you not eat?"

"H-how d-do I know that y-you won't st-ab my hand when I go to e-eat?" I stammer out in a whisper. No one but Draco hears me. He grabs my hands and looks at the tiny square shaped scars that dot my hands. A pained look crosses his face.

"Tom, would it be ok if Harry eats on his own in his room later?"

"May I ask why?" Tom asks with a concerned look on his face.

"Well it seams that those Muggles would stab his hands with a fork when he whet to eat whilst he was living with them, and Harry is scared that we will do the same thing."

Tom gets up and makes his way over to us, with a look of absolute rage on his face. Thinking that he is angry with me and forgetting his vow not to harm me I flinch violently and pull my hands out of Draco's grip so that I can use my arms to shield my face. Then I wrap my wings around me. "I'm sorry" I whimper.

"Harry, I will not hurt you. Remember I made a vow. I just want to see your hands."

"Your angry with me for-"

"No. I'm not angry with you Harry. I am, however, pissed with those vermin that raised you. Please let me see your hands."

I remove one of my wings from around me and look at him. "Promise?"

"I promise. I'm not mad at you." I remove my other wing from around me and Lower my arms so that my hands are on my lap. He takes another stet towards me and reaches out for my hands. On instinct a flinch and he pauses for a second before gently grabbing my hands in his and raising them closer to his face. "Two weeks. I held your hand for two weeks and I never even noticed them."

"Two weeks?"

"Yes. That is how long you have been in my home Mr. Potter" Lucius says.

"I have to go. I have to get back to the Dursleys."

"You will be doing nothing of the sort. My wife and Severus worked for six hours to save your life, there is no way in hell that you will be returning back there."