Man Hunt

Draco's POV

I bolt out of the room and after the retreating form of my brother. We run down corridors and through doors. As I am about to catch him I trip and fall face first onto the floor. When I look up Alex is gone. "Shit, shit, shit!" I curse getting back to my feet. I look around only to realise that I'm on the top floor in the west wings. The door out of the manor is on the bottom floor of the east wing. 'At least he can't get out. There are no stairs on this side of the manor' I think whilst walking down the hallway searching for my brother. "Damn, where is he?!" I practically yell and throw in a good few curses as well.

A quick recession of steps draws my attention to the four figures behind me. "Dragon, where is he?" Mother asks.

"I don't know, I lost sight of him. But I know he's on this side, so I know he can't have gone far."

"Let's split up and search for him" father says. "Draco, you and Severus take the next right. Me and your mother will go left. Tom you keep going straight. If you find him, keep him calm and call a house elf to come and get the rest of us."

"Yes father" I say, dragging Uncle Sev down the hallway. After about five minuets of silently searching (one of us will go into a room and search everywhere and anywhere that Alex can hide, whilst the other will wait outside) I ask something that is on my mind. "So... Uncle Sev? What was with Alex's wings? I mean, your not supposed to go through your inheritance until your eighteen, so why has he had it now?"

"There is a theory, that during a life threatening situation, your magic will try to protect you thus bringing forward your inheritance. Since the vermin that he was living with, beat him to an inch of his life, then proceeded to leave him in a room with a bucket full of Ammonia and blech, which caused gas to fill it, it's very safe to say that an inheritance was unavoidable."

I'm shocked. They did that to him? Christ, no wonder he's scred whittles. "What is he?"

"I would have hoped that you would know that he is a Veela."

"I know that. I want to know what type he-"

"DON'T TOUCH ME! NO! GET OFF ME!" Me and Uncle Sev run down the hallway, back the way we had just come from. Once we reach the end I see Mother and Father. We look at each other for a split second before we hear another scream and rush in the direction that Tom had gone. We follow the shouts until we come across them.

Tom is sitting with his own back against the wall whilst pulling Alex's back into his chest, pinning my brothers arms so that they are crossed over his chest, whilst he has his own legs over the top of Alex's own legs so that his feet are connected. All the while Alex is struggling to get himself free and screaming. We stand there froze, watching as Tom coos to Alex, whispering that it's ok, and that we will not hurt him. We are unsure of what to do, finally it is unspokenly agreed upon, that we should just leave Tom to it. As much as it pains me (and my parents (and possibly Uncle Sev)) I know that if we try to do anything right now it'll only make things worse. So we all sit down on the floor and quietly wait.

Narcissa's POV

"We will have to get a mind healer to come and see him at least twice a week" I say to my husband.

"Yes, my love, but will he speak to on? We cannot make him see one, he has to be willing, otherwise it'll make things worse."

"I know but we have to try something! We've only just got him back, I don't want to loose him again. We have to help him!" My voice echoes of the walls as we walk down the hallway, one of us checking the rooms on one side the other checking the rooms on the opposite side.

"Yes, we do. We could try giving him a little time, see if he opens up to any of us. Try to help him that way. Then in time, we could try and get him to a healer."

"There's only a month and a half left until school starts again. Do you think that he'll be well enough to go?"

"It's all the time we have, we're just going to have to make the best of it"

"You're right, I just hope were not too late!"

"DON'T TOUCH ME! NO! GET OFF ME!" We look at each other and run in the direction that the shouts came from. We ran into Dragon and Severus thirst, and take off towards Tom. Once we make it to him I see that he has my baby boy in a restraint. I have to fight not to yell at him and tell him to let go, as it is for Alex's safety. He'll only hurt himself if he's free in this state. After a few minuets of having a silent debate with each other we decide to sit down and wait it out.

I take note of the open window.

Tom's POV

'He doesn't want me. That's why he ran. He doesn't want me to touch him. NO! He won't let anyone touch him. He's been through a lot. His head is all over the place. Who knows how long this has been going on for? All his life? Is the rape only recently? Oh Merlin, I hope so! Shit! What if-" all this goes through my head as I am walking down the corridor. I'm so distracted that I don't notice the blond beauty in front of me. At least not at first. "Al-Harry!" He doesn't know that his name is Alex, better call him Harry for now.  I take a step towards him.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" He screams and makes a bolt for the window and pushes it open. As he is about to climb out I grab him and pull him back. "NO!" I grab his wrists and put his arms in a cross motion across his chest. Being mindful of his wings I pull his back against mine so that they are tucked in and pressed tightly against me so that he can't open them and use them to knock me off. "GET OFF ME!" He uses his feet to knock me back into the wall, so I place my legs over his so that he can't do that again. My legs are over his knees and my feet are touching each other.

About two minuets later the rest of the search party turn up. They stand there looking at each other for another three minuets, before making desicion and all sitting on the floor at about roughly the same time.

"It's ok Harry, we won't hurt you! You need to calm down." I say this to him as well as other things along the same line. It takes roughly an hour of this before he sinks into my chest, exhausted. On a whim I decide to let go of his wrists and place my left hand on his right shoulder and use my right hand to stroke his hair, all the while whispering soothing words into his ear. Twenty minuets later his breathing evens out and he is fast asleep. "Lucius, do you think you can give me a hand? Just pick him up for a second, whilst I stretch my legs. If I try to get up with him I don't think my legs will take it."

"Yeah." Lucius gets shakily to his feet and walks the rest of the way over to us. Once there he gets down on one knee and places one arm around his back, just under the base of his wings and the other under his knees. He gently lifts him and cradles him into his chest and then stands up.

Using the wall for support, I carefully stand up myself. My knees buckle on me and if it wasn't for Severus's quick reflexes I would have gone crashing to the floor. After a few minuets my legs start to get the strength back in them and I walk the few steps to Lucius and, being carful not to wake Alex, he transfers the sleeping boy over to me. 

We quickly make our way back to Alex's room and I place him on the bed. As I am about to move back I find I can't go very far. Looking down I see that his hands gripping onto my white shirt, holding on for dear life. After a few seconds I tuck Alex in and climb onto the bed next to him and pull his body closer to mine.

"What happened?" Narsissa whispers.