Chapter 9: Spirit Day

The Next Day...
Me, Mal, and Evie were heading to the tourney field to start our cheerleading practice in honor of spirit day. "I can't believe that you two talked me into doing this.", Mal said as I giggled a bit. "Whatever happened to sure best friend? Anything for you?", Evie told her. I then looked at Mal and said "Come on, Mal. When I first showed you my cheerleading moves, I knew that you wanted to try it out." "That was before I knew that it would involve pom poms.", she said to me as I rolled my eyes playfully at her. "Forget about the pom poms and focus on the super awesome outfit I made for us. Oh, and Genesis. I hope you didn't mind me making a few changes to your outfit.", Evie said as I smiled at her. What she meant was that she changed my outfit from pretty, to villain like. But it still looked pretty cool to me. "Are you kidding? I never worn something this cool before.", I told them both. "It is pretty wicked, isn't it? I think that all cheerleading outfits should have spikes.", Mal said as she looked at her spiked arm bracelet around her arm. I then smiled and said "You're telling me. I even love the new necklace you made for me, Evie." I had a spike collar around my neck and it looked so cool, I didn't even care if I looked ridiculous with it around my neck. As the three of us were still walking to Ben and the others, we finally made it. Ben got up and saw us. "Wow, you look great! I'm so glad that you're doing this.", Ben said as he kinda made Mal blush. She then looked at him and said "You know me, anything to show off my school spirit!" I then smiled and said "Oh I'm just so excited! Spirit day is one of my favorite things to do here in Auradon. Nothing better but showing our spirit to the school." As I said that, Jay asked Ben "Does spirit day involve hitting people?" "No!", Ben said. "Stealing?", Jay asked again. I then looked at him and said "No Jay! None of those. Nothing mean or evil happens during spirit day." "But feel free to put those ideas in the suggestion box.", Ben told Jay. "Will do!", Jay said. "You're not serious!", I said to Jay and thought he was joking. "Oh, I am! Haha!", he said as he ran. I then started to laugh and look at Ben. "You have a suggestion box?", Mal asked him. "Nope.", he said. "You lied to keep him from bugging you? I have never been more in too you.", Mal said as Ben started to blush. "Haha! Right! Well, see you out there.", he said as he went back to the bleachers to sit down. Audrey then came up to us and gave Mal and Evie the cheer routine. "So you guys know the cheer.", she said. "You just gave it to us.", Mal told her. I then said to Audrey "*Giggles* Yeah Audrey, how do you expect them to know the cheer right now?" She then smiled at me and said "Well Genesis, you know how it works. Besides, everyone knows the cheer. We do it every year. Come on Genesis! Let's do it!" I then got in my cheering position, and me and Audrey started the cheer. We both clapped our hands, spelled out the word "Fight", and said "F-I-G-H-T! What's that's spell? Fight! Fight! Fight! F-I-G-H-T! What's that's spell? Fight! Fight! Fight!". After the cheer, I wanted to see if the girls got it down. But all I heard them say was that this is the exact same cheer Mal's mother use to say back on the isle. I saw that Mal was trying out the cheer with Evie, so I joined in with them too. "B-I-T and E! What does that spell? Bite! Bite! Bite! Speak no words, will cause a fright! What's a bark without a BITE!", we cheered. But as we did the cheer, something strange just happened when green smoke appeared. "Roof! Roof! Roof! Roof! Roof! Roof! Roof!", me, Mal, and Evie said. Turns out the cheer we did was actually a spell to turn our voices into dog barks and roofs. "Roof! Roof! Roof!", I roofed at Mal. I told her that if my voice was back, I would yell at her like there was no tomorrow. We both went to Carlos and tried to ask him for help. "Roof! Roof! Roof!", Mal said to Carlos. "You accidentally turned everyone into dogs? And now you want me to use your spell book to reverse it?", Carlos said as I couldn't believe that the spell didn't affect him. "Roof! Roof! Roof! Roof!", Mal said again. She asked him that he can speak dog. "Of course I can speak dog, I'm Cruella's son. But why don't you just spell them back?", Carlos asked Mal as I heard her "Grr" angrily at him. "Right. You can't because all you can do is just bark.", he said again. I then heard more barking that sounded very manly, I turned around and saw that it was Jay. He was scratching his ear with his leg and sticking his tongue out, while Ben had his tongue out too and he was also acting like a dog. I thought it was extremely funny, but it still looked kinda wrong. "Hahaha!!! Sorry Mal, but opportunities like this don't happen every day.", Carlos said as he went over to Jay. I followed him and he was totally treating Jay like if he was actually a dog. "Hi Jay! Roll over!", Carlos said as Jay rolled over. "Play dead!", he said again as Jay lay down on his back and tried to act dead like a dog. I knew that this was kinda mean, but too funny and entertaining to watch. "This has to go on record!", Carlos said as he was taking dog photos of Jay. "Roof! Roof! Roof!", I barked at him. I told him to help Mal with her spell and to stop acting like a jerk. "Down girl, heel!", he said as I "Grr" angrily at him. I even threatened to use my magic on him if he doesn't stop. "Fine! Give me the spell book.", he said as Mal handed him her book and told him the page of the spell. "Page 43, got it! Here it is: Bark! Woof! Bark! Bow-wow! Bark! Grr!", he said as he acted out the entire spell to Mal. "Bark! Woof! Bark! Bow-wow! Bark! Grr!", she said as the spell was finally reversed. I then felt my throat and said "Oh thank God! My beautiful voice is back!" I then saw Jay turning back to normal and he was not happy with Carlos at all. "Hi... Guys?", Carlos said as he was a bit scared of Jay right now. Ben then smiled and said "Jay, you know how I said spirit day shouldn't involve hitting people?" "And remembered when I told you that nothing mean or evil happens on spirit day either?", I asked him as he was extremely mad at Carlos. "Yeah!", he said angrily. Ben then smiled and said "I changed my mind!" I then looked at Mal and said "Me too! So Jay, go nuts!" Carlos then let out a tiny laugh and ran as fast as he could, because Jay was chasing him. Looks like he got what he deserves.

Coming Up Soon: The Neon Lights Ball! Stay Tuned!