Chapter 5: The Night Is Young

At The Neon Lights Ball
Me and the girls finally made it to the dance on time. Best of all, I was finally with Jim. The dance looked amazing. There were so many neon colors glowing, the beautiful decorations were neon as well, and everyone was set to glow. Mal and Evie were busy talking with Ben, while I was dancing with Jim. We were both dancing to the song "I'm Your Girl". After having him spin me around a few times, the song finally finished. I then saw Ally on the stage and she said on the microphone "It's time, for the crowning of our King and Queen. Ben and Evie!" Everyone cheered and applauded for them both. Me and Jim clapped our hands and went over to the others. I saw Evie looking at her camera on her phone and checking out her new crown. "Wow, Evie! That crown looks great with your outfit.", I told her. "Aww. The jewels on the crown totally match my eyes. I look so good! *Camera Shot* I don't even need a filter!", Evie said as I went over to Mal and Ben. "I know I'm new to the whole crown thing, but I don't think that plastic gems are suppose to poke you in the head.", Ben said as he was having trouble putting on his crown. Mal then smiled at her boyfriend and said "Beauty is pain." "But I'm gorgeous!", Ben said as I heard Evie say to herself that she really is gorgeous. "And now, we invite our king and queen to do a solo dance.", Ally said. I saw that Evie was too busy to even dance, she was too mesmerized by her new "fake" crown. "Dance for me! I have a date with some bling! Oh crowny, I love you!", Evie said as she walked away and started to talk to her crown. I couldn't help but laugh, Ben was totally rejected by his queen and her crown. "Did my queen just left me for fake jewelry?", he asked as Mal giggled. "Yep! But you do half to admit, they do make a lovely couple.", Mal joked at Ben. He then smiled at her and said "They do! But I can't let "crowny" out dance me. Shall we?" Mal then wrapped her arm around his and said "We shall and stuff! *Giggles*" They both then headed to the dance floor and I had an idea. I turned to Jim and said "Say, Jim? How about we make this a second sole dance?" "Isn't that breaking tradition?", he asked. "I don't know. I'm a princess, I can do what I want.", I told him. He then smiled at me and said "Your mind is solid like gold!" "Like bury treasure gold! *Laughing*", we both said as we started laughing and made our way to the middle of the dance floor. As we waited for the music to start, the four of us heard nothing. "Uh? Where's the music?", Mal asked. "Maybe it's a really slow-slow dance?", Ben said. I then looked around and said "Uh? Aren't slow dances suppose to be quiet? Because I can't hear anything." I then heard Ally talking to Lonnie about why isn't the music playing, and Lonnie said "Someone cut the DJ and microphone cords!" "What?!", I yelled as I went over to Lonnie and saw that my favorite microphone had the cord snapped off. "Uh... We're having some technical difficulties. Please hold!", Ally said as she went over to Mal and Ben to tell them what happened. I then went over to them with my broken microphone and said "Someone also broke my microphone! I got this one for Christmas last year! And I was suppose to perform with it tonight! And now it's broken! Someone did this!" "What?! Who?!", Mal asked as we all didn't know who did it. "Alright. Don't worry, I'll sing for you.", Freddie said as I saw her go up on stage with her guitar. I didn't even know that she could play. She then said in the microphone "Go on, dance!" Mal and Ben then locked their arms around each other and me and Jim did the same thing.

As I was busy slow dancing with Jim, I saw Mal and Ben dancing next to us. They both looked so cute when they were starring into each other's eyes. Me and Jim then looked in each other's eyes and he dipped me like Ben did to Mal. As Freddie was still singing her song "The Night Is Young", me and Jim danced around the dance floor. I was forgetting almost everything that has happened today. First Jane's mascot costume was stolen, then Audrey's dress was stole too, then Mal spilled tea on my hand to ruin Ally's dress, then Jay and Carlos didn't came to pick me and the girls up, and then for some odd reason the DJ and my microphone cords were cut. Something strange was going on here, but what? As I was trying to get an answer, I was still busy dancing with Jim. He twirled me around, and I twirled him around and dipped him before he could dip me. I then saw Mal and Ben dancing with each other and they looked like they were having a fun time. "The Night Is Young! The Night Is Young-Ung-Ung-Ung! The Night Is Young!", Freddie sang as the song finished. Ben dipped Mal at the end of the song and Jim held me in his arms at the end of the song. Everyone cheered for all of us, especially Freddie. She saved the dance with her song. Looks like this night was going so well as I expected to be. Nothing could go wrong on a night like this.