Chapter 4: Carpet Jacked

Fifteen Minutes Later...
We all finished up are tea and crumpets, and waited for Carlos and Jay to pick us up to take us to the dance. "Don't worry, you guys. I'm sure Jay and Carlos should be here soon.", Mal said. "You said that fifteen minutes ago.", Ally said. "I'm sure they're just around the corner. I just hope that corner is on the other side of Auradon.", Evie said as I looked at her confused. "How big is this carpet they're picking us up in? I don't do crowded.", Audrey said. "Don't worry, it's a medium size one. So we'll be good. But from what I hear, is that Jay steals.", Mal said as I looked shocked in the face. I thought that Jay would stop stealing after turning good in the end. "He still what?!", I asked Mal as I looked worried. "Jay doesn't steal. Much...", she said again. "We're going to be riding on a stolen carpet?", Jane asked looking worried. Freddie then smiled and said "Alright! This party just got interesting." "I just hope that this carpet doesn't go fast. I don't want to mess up my hair.", I said. Evie then went over to her large case and opened it. It had pink helmets on the inside. "Not to worry, because I packed hair helmets for everybody. I designed them myself.", she said. "I take back everything I ever said about you.", Audrey said as Evie looked at her. "What did you say about me?", she asked. Audrey looked up at her and said "Nothing!" I then looked at everyone and said "Man, what's taking them so long? If I half to wait here one more-" I was cut off after I heard my phone ringing. I took it out and saw that Jim was calling me. "Ah shoot! It's Jim! Everyone, be quiet! Shh!", I said as everyone went quiet and I answered my phone. "Hello?.... Hi Jimbo!... Ah huh..... Yeah..... Ok, I'll see you at the dance.... Ok, I love you too. Bye!", I said as I finished my phone call. Jim was asking me if I was coming to the dance soon and I told him "yes". As I put my phone away, I said to the others "Can we please leave?! I have a man on the dance floor, waiting for a kiss." Everyone then started to laugh and I heard Ally said "Bravo Ladies. But since Carlos and Jay are in no show, we half to find another way to get to this party. Do you have a spare magic carpet?" "Oh, so just because I'm a genie who lives in a lamp means that I happen to have a spare magic carpet on me?", Jordan said as I heard Audrey say to Evie that Jordan didn't pass her carpet driving test. "I'm taking it again next week. Fifteen times a charm~", Jordan said as I rolled my eyes. "What about Lonnie? Can she give us a rid?", Mal asked. "She went early to set up the DJ equipment. Did I forget to mention that I'm performing tonight? And Jim can't pick us up because he's already at the dance. And I'm not going to have him drive here and back.", I told them. "Well, Jane. Do you think you can use your magic to make us a ride?", Ally said as I also heard Mal say that she can do something. Except Ally kept on telling her that she can sometimes mess things up and that she doesn't trust her, and kept on telling her no offense, which I found to be very funny. Ally then turned back to Jane and said "Jane, can you Bippity Boppity something for us, please?" Jane looked a little worried because she knows that her magic is not that good. "No offense. But if I don't get to this party now, I'm going to die.", Audrey said as I heard Mal say that she could do something. But everyone ignored her and watched what Jane could do. She got out her magic and said "Bippity Boppity!" Her magic made a pumpkin appeared outside. "That's a vegetable.", Freddie said. "What are you trying to make, Jane? A pumpkin carriage like Cinderella used to have?", I asked her. "No. It's not a carriage.", she said. Ally then looked at her and said "Oh! So we're heading to the party in a pumpkin boat? Pumpkin took-took? Pumkin trolley? Pumpkin roller skates?" "I can't be seen in those! Pumpkin doesn't match with my eyes.", Audrey said. Mal then got up from the couch and said "Guys! Let Jane finish her work. Go ahead, Jane." Jane then got out her magic again and said "Like Cindy's dress, a legend to us all. An even sweeter ride, should take us to the Neon Lights Ball!" As her magic hit the pumpkin, it turned into a sweet orange van that could fit us all. Everyone looked at the van and was amazed. "Wait, this thing is carved right? I'm not going to get any nasty pumpkin goo on my dress.", Audrey said as she went outside to the van. Jane then smiled and said "Nope, it's all clean. And, it even runs on vegetable oil!" "Great. We'll all be heading to the dance, smelling like salad dressing.", Jordan said as she headed outside with Freddie. I gave Jane a hug and thanked her for doing a great job. "Wow! Great job, Jane. I couldn't done it better myself.", Mal said. "Well, you know I still practice my magic. Even though it's behind my mother's forbiddence.", Jane said as she went outside with Ally. Me, Mal, and Evie were the last ones to leave. "I can't believe Carlos and Jay faked out on us, you guys.", Mal said. I then looked at her and said "Maybe something came up." We then heard the car horn honking and Audrey said "If you ladies don't get in here, I'm going to turn into a pumpkin." "That doesn't even make sense.", I heard Jordan said. "Your hair doesn't make sense!", Audrey said as they both got into the car. Me, Mal, and Evie then went into the van and we all finally drove off to the dance.