Chapter 2: Odd Mal Out

The Next Day, At The "Mad For Tea" Shop...
Me and my friends were having tea at the tea shop and talking more about the Jewel Bilee. I saw Mal coming in, and she sat right next to me and Evie. "Ok, so what's this whole "Jewel Bilee" thing anyway?", Mal asked. "It matches Cinderella's Ball, The Festival Of Fools, and The Mad Hatter's Tea Party all mixed together. Times six!", Ally said as Jane was trying to pour some tea into the tea cups. She then passed them out and I sipped on the hot delicious beverage. "Yes, Ally. You can picture that all you want. The Jewel Bilee is the day where each of us were given our birth rate jewels.", Audrey said. "To show that we were good. No grades. Just good stuff.", Jane said as she gave Mal her tea. "Well, we all got ours years ago. See?", Audrey said as she showed us her phone. It had a picture of her, holding her blue jewel. The picture looked nice, but I couldn't believe that picture of her was actually her back then before we met. "Woah, Awkward...", Evie whispered as me and Mal laughed. I then got up and said "Yep! Not to even mention that I was voted to host the entire Jewel Bilee!" "You're hosting it?", Mal asked me. I then smiled at her and said "Yeah, and Jim too. It's because since I'm the princess of Auradon, I have to host a special event. And I chose the Jewel Bilee. One, because I just love jewels! And two, because I'm hosting the whole thing with my boyfriend. Not to even mention the hats we're both wearing at the celebration. This is what they look like." I then took out my phone, and showed Mal and Evie the hats. They were both black pirate hats with black and white feathers coming out of the top.
My Hat:

Jim's Hat:

Jim's Hat:

As they both looked at the pictures, Mal said "Uh, Genesis? *Giggle* Don't you think those hats look

As they both looked at the pictures, Mal said "Uh, Genesis? *Giggle* Don't you think those hats look... *Giggles* ridiculous? *Laughing*" She was starting to laugh and Evie joined in with her, but I wasn't laughing. "Ridiculous? My mother thought of the ideas for those hats! And I thought they looked perfect.", I told them as they stopped laughing. "Oh... Sorry, Genesis.", Mal said as Evie said "sorry" too. I then smiled at them and said "It's alright. Anyway, it's not just the Jewel Bilee "I'm" celebrating. Me and Jim are also celebrating our five month anniversary." Everyone then thought of it as amazing and I blushed. "And not to even mention that I got his present wrapped up already.", I said as I showed everyone the picture of his present. It was a gold ring with orange jewels; which was Jim's birth jewel.

 It was a gold ring with orange jewels; which was Jim's birth jewel

Everyone complimented on the picture and I sat back down. "Do you think he'll love it? I even got my jewel on a ring too.", I said. "Oh I'm sure he'll love it, Genesis.", Audrey said. She then put down her tea and said "Anyway, like I was saying. We were given out our jewels years ago. Genesis got her's on her second year at Auradon. And now, they're finally releasing the jewels for the Vks!" "Releasing?", Evie asked. "Well, yes! When the villains were relocated, their jewels were collected.", Audrey said as Mal translated it as "Stolen". "Just so they can be well hidden. And now Auradon will posto them to you all at the majestic Jewel Bilee.", Audrey said again. "They're giving us our own jewel? How generous...", Freddie said as she didn't found it exciting. I then started to drink my tea, but for some reason I saw that Audrey's face turned green. Jordan spit out her tea and Audrey asked her "What?" I then saw that Evie's face turned into an Aqua light blue. She looked at herself in the mirror and she was shocked. "Oh snap! Who's the "rarist" of them all?", Mal said as her face turned into a magenta purple. "Wow, Mal. Did I forget to "Magent" to you about your face? (It's funny! Laugh!) Because you look kinda funny. *Giggles*", I joked at her as she saw her reflection in Evie's mirror. "Seriously?", Evie asked me as she showed me my reflection. My face was a light purple color. We all started to laugh and saw that we all looked ridiculous with rainbow colored faces. "Oh dear!", Ally said. "Oops! I Bippity the tea! It was supposed to be a surprise. To give us a healthy glow.", Jane said as Jordan dumped her tea in a plant pot, which changed colors too. "It's ok, Jane. Hey, maybe I'll even match my jewel.", Mal said as I heard Lonnie say "Nobody told her?" I tried to tell her to not say anything, but Mal already asked "Told me what?" "Maleficent hid your jewel.", Ally said as Mal was shocked. "Everyone looked for it, but it was never found.", Audrey said as I saw that Mal wasn't happy anymore. "So, you're not getting one. Sorry, Mal.", Jane said as Mal sighed. "Two inches in a jar, and my mom is still ruining my life.", Mal said as I held onto her hand to make her feel better. "I know, it really puts a damper on the whole celebration.", Audrey said as Mal sighed again. I knew about this secret after my winning vote for the Jewel Bilee. And I didn't want Mal to know, or have anyone tell her. But she did found out, apparently.
Later In The Afternoon...
I was walking down the second floor hallway of dorms and I was holding hands with Jim. We were both talking about how the Jewel Bilee and our Anniversary will go. "*Giggles* I can't wait to spend some time with you at the Jewel Bilee. Not to even mention our five month anniversary is this weekend too.", I told Jim as we stopped walking. He then let out a laugh and said "Me too. I can't wait until you see the present I got you. And speaking of the Jewel Bilee, I'm helping B.E.N (The robot from treasure planet) ask out a girl to the Jewel Bilee." "Oo! Who's the beautiful girl our mechanical friend had his eyes on so far?", I asked as Jim laughed. "It's Ally. B.E.N has had a crush on her ever since.", he said. "Well, I wish him the best of luck. *Giggles*", I said as I heard talking from the dorm behind me. I heard that it was Mal and it sounded like she was talking to Evie. "Uh, honey. I need to check on something. Can we-", I said until he stopped me. "Don't worry, I gotta go do my tux fitting for the Jewel Bilee anyway. I'll see you later, though.", he said. I then gave him a kiss and he walked away. I then overheard from Mal's door and heard the conversation she was having with Evie. "So, thanks to my mom. I'm an outsider. Again! But, not this time! I'm going off to the isle of the lost and find my jewel.", she said as I put my hand on my heart. I know that she wanted to find her jewel, but going back to the isle? I then heard Evie say she'll go with her, but Mal told her "no". Her talking about going to the isle gave me an idea. I took out my round golden treasure planet map (Spoiler alert and Easter egg in my Descendants 2 story) and opened it to show me the entire map of Auradon. I then clicked on the isle of the lost and it showed the map to the isle. "Don't worry, Mal. I'll help you get back your jewel.", I whispered to myself as I got up and left the hallway.
Mal's POV
"I'm the daughter of the most evillest villain in the world! You know? I'm always in trouble.", I told Evie as I was about to leave my dorm. I then looked at her one more time and said "I'm getting that jewel! And nobody, not even my mother, is going to stop me!" I then slammed the door and headed outside.