𝐭. 𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧 ⎰damsels

(*) MEANS THESE THINGS CAN BE CHANGED 

TITLE: Damsels *
TV SHOW/FILM FRANCHISE: Marvel
SEASON/MOVIE/AU: 𝐀𝐔
LOVE INTEREST(S): Thor Odinson
FACECLAIM(S): Gina Rodriguez*
STATUS: Available

― TITLE: Damsels * — TV SHOW/FILM FRANCHISE: Marvel— SEASON/MOVIE/AU: 𝐀𝐔 — LOVE INTEREST(S): Thor Odinson— FACECLAIM(S): Gina Rodriguez*— STATUS: Available

DESCRIPTION:  ❝𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘴.❞

┍━━━━━━━━┑
Octavia Charmante
┕━━━━━━━━┙

THE LEGEND OF OCTAVIA Charmante was one that had been retold for ages in all the nine worlds. Over the years it became twisted and muddled amongst all of the lies. On Midgard, they called her Rapunzel: the princess who was taken away from her family and trapped in a tower away from the world. It wasn't too far from the truth. She was, in fact, a princess and she was kept from the world, but it was her choice. Or it had been in the beginning.

          When Hela revolted, she had a woman with her. A woman named Astrid. The woman was the spawn of the devil. While Hela thought that she was taking back was genuinely belonged to her, Astrid was merely insane. She'd been held in captivity for years in Odin's palace for a crime that was committed by her parents and all that time alone turned her into a monster. She'd always been gifted with pyrokinetic abilities even before her imprisonment, but when Hela freed her and trained her to be her executioner, she became unstoppable. She chose her own mission. To wreak havoc on the people who murdered her parents and to make them suffer. And when that became insufficient for her, she spread the bloodshed all over, determined to make others suffer for all the pain that she'd been through.

          Octavia was just a child when her kingdom was attacked. Before that, her greatest responsibility was grasping and understanding her abilities, but suddenly her parents were gone all the time, and there were rumours about a murderer in the kingdom. Despite everything that her parents did to shield her from it, Octavia was obsessed with learning about the woman who burned villages and homes into piles of ashes. She wanted to help, but there was nothing she could do until Odin of Asgard presented her parents with a solution.

          The girl was extremely powerful and quite skilled at her magic despite her young age, and there had been a prophecy when she was born that she'd save their kingdom. The only way to defeat Astrid was to invoke her spirit into a being that was powerful enough to contain and trap her and then banish the being far away. That being was Octavia. Initially, her parents rejected the idea, told Odin that he was crazy and that he could rot in Hel if he thought that they would subject their daughter to that kind of imprisonment. But more and more people died every day, and Octavia couldn't shake the thought that their blood was on her hands and that she could save them.

          She begged her parents to let her go, assuming that her sentence was temporary. Reluctantly, her parents agreed and while Hela was banished, Astrid's spirit was imprisoned inside of Octavia and kept in a tower far away from both of the kingdoms. Her family visited at first and tried to help in every way that they could, but eventually, they lost interest as well; never came back for her, and Octavia was left with nothing but her thoughts and books to keep her company. The story that circulated was that Astrid had taken Octavia and held her for her own in exchange for the kingdom's safety and that in a tower far beyond what they could see, she sat idly waiting for somebody to rescue her. She was the classic case of a girl waiting for a prince and trapped in prison. When, in fact, Octavia was the prison. The young prince of Asgard had grown up listening to the stories and once, he was old enough, he set out to find the princess. After all, Thor Odinson had never been able to resist a damsel in distress.

          Little did he know that Rapunzel was not the damsel that she'd been made out to be.

NOTES.⎱
― I had this idea about two years ago and it's been sitting in my drafts collecting dust. This is a Rapunzel retelling and it's not that complicated but she's a princess and the witch is Astrid and instead of taking her, her parents sort of give her up as a prison for the witch. So she's not imprisoned by the witch, instead, she's the witch's prison and the witch sort of resurfaces sometimes and they share the same body. So, Thor gets there and he's trying to save her but she can't go with him. Firstly because the tower is enchanted to never let her out and also because if she gets out, there's a possibility that Astrid does as well. So, he visits the first time and she explains it to him because he doesn't know the real reason she's there and he goes back home, determined to find a way to get her out but always comes back to visit her. He probably accuses his father for being heartless and tires to get Odin to help but Odin is pretty immovable. This doesn't make a lot of sense but yeah. You should probably PM me for more details, I'm pretty tired right now. She's pretty loud and eccentric and sometimes she talks to herself because she's being alone for so long. And soon, she begins to weaken and Astrid surfaces slowly and takes control of the body but only for a few hours because she's weak as well. Also credits to tinkertaydust  for making the Disney/ Marvel concept popular.