𝐫. 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲 ⎰second best

(*) MEANS THESE THINGS CAN BE CHANGED

TITLE: Second Best*
- TV SHOW/FILM FRANCHISE: Harry Potter
- SEASON/MOVIE/AU: 𝐀𝐔
- LOVE INTEREST(S): Ron Weasley
- FACECLAIM(S): Diamond White *
- STATUS: Available

― TITLE: Second Best* - TV SHOW/FILM FRANCHISE: Harry Potter- SEASON/MOVIE/AU: 𝐀𝐔 - LOVE INTEREST(S): Ron Weasley - FACECLAIM(S): Diamond White *- STATUS: Available

┍━━━━━━━━┑
Merlin Bacchus
┕━━━━━━━━┙

MERLIN BACCHUS WAS USED to the high expectations that came with her name. Named after the greatest wizard of all time, she was expected to live up to that name. But Merlin was below average of anything. All of her spells required special attention and she barely managed to scrape by with decent marks. She was by the very highest of definitions, average.

It also did not help that her brother had been Head Boy of Gryffindor as well as top of his class and he'd also grown up to become an Auror. Her brother, Sam, had laid his life in the first war against You-Know-Who. She could hardly go anywhere without somebody recognizing her last name and telling her what a hero her brother had been. She didn't miss the look of disappointment on their faces when they realized that she was not, in fact, anything like her brother.

It was no surprise that she had the slightest, tiniest little crush on The Boy Who Lived and it was also expected that he didn't realize she was alive. They were in completely different houses and she was far too nervous to utter more than a word in his direction. But soon, her crush grew a little less innocent and she could hardly wake up without thinking about him. Merlin hatched the perfect plan: to make a deal with Harry Potter's red headed friend to help her get Harry's attention. It was not part of the plan, however, to suddenly realize that Ron Weasley knew just as much about being second best as she did and it was definitely not part of the plan to find herself falling in love with him.

- NOTES.⎱
― Firstly, I'm only on the sixth book but Ron Weasley is an underrated king who deserves nothing but the best. I realize that he can be annoying and whiny sometimes but I started thinking about how difficult it must be for him to have the brothers that he does and to be best friends with the Harry Potter and Merlin was created. She has a slight inferiority complex and she's not anything exceptional or anything but she's a bean and she deserves the world.

She asks for Ron's help to get Harry's attention and of course, Ron at first, says no but he does and they end up liking each other.