Chapter 2: The Rangers

"Caius!" I heard from the distance. "Caius!" I turned my head and saw Lilith, standing up, obviously shaken up by something. She ran over to me and grabbed me by the shoulders, shaking me. "Where is the stone Caius?!" She shouted at me.

"Stone? What stone?" I said still trying to register what's going on.

"The stone you found yesterday, where is it?!" Lilith replied shaking me some more. Before I could answer, something struck Lilith, slamming her into the ground. All I saw was an arrow in her side. We were under attack!

"Sarah! Get up! We're under attack!" I screamed turning to where I saw Sarah sleeping last night. However, I saw that a figure was looming over Sarah with a sharp dagger, its edge, covered in blood. The figure was as black as midnight. Sarah was dead, lying in her own blood. Enraged, I took my scythe and started charging towards the figure, hoping to exact revenge, but the figure threw something at me, it caught between my legs, crashing me into the ground. I was forced down and my scythe was taken away from me. I saw Kathrin and Carinthia making their way towards me. "It's a trap!" I shouted out. "Get out of here!" They continued to run towards me, ignoring my orders. Just as they were about to start attacking, two more arrows came out of nowhere and struck Kathrin and Carinthia down. Others of the Rangers came in and started attacking both of them. The figure that had tied my legs struck me in the head, knocking me on my back. Before I could react quick enough, another figure came in and started tying my hands together! I fought ferociously to break free, but every time I did, I was kicked repeatedly. "What do you want from us?!" I shouted at them.

"Silence!" The figure in front of me said kicking me again. The black figure stood in front of me, with a grin that could tell you everything about him. "You have something that we want. Where is it?!"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said grudgingly.

"Don't play coy with me boy!" The figure boomed. "Where is the stone?!"

"Long gone." I replied. "Further away than you or your men could ever possibly find it." I was kicked once again, falling onto my stomach once again.

"Don't lie to me! I could easily kill you and find it myself!" The figure shouted at me. "But I'll give you one more chance to tell me where the stone is." He waved over the others to bring in something. I looked to my right and saw them carrying Kathrin and Carinthia, tied in ropes. "Or else your friends here won't live to see another day."

"Caius, just tell them where the stone is!" Kathrin shouted out.

"Leave them alone!" I shouted out at them.

"You know what I want, now, where is it?" The figure said impatiently. I stared at Kathrin and Carinthia, fear gripping their eyes. I turned my head back at the figure. I was about to say something, but then I saw something move in the corner of my eye. Lilith was standing back up! I kept my gaze on the figure, trying not to give her away. "Still being stubborn? I can change that." The figure raised an arm and brought it forward. Another Arrow came out and struck Lilith in the back. My eyes stared in astonishment. Lilith collapsed to one knee, then started breathing heavily.

"Don't ... let them win." Lilith said falling to the ground. My eyes filled with tears, then they turned into rage.

"I'll kill you! I'll make sure none of you live!" I barked out ferociously.

"Oh, come now, I saved her the pain of seeing what I'm about to do to you." The figure said walking over towards me. I closed my eyes, to angry to look at him at all. "Look at me!" He barked out. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He slammed his hand on my head, rolling me over towards Kathrin and Carinthia, who were thrown on the ground. The figure walked over towards us, teeth clenched and giving a dark laugh. "If only you had co-operated, then you could have walked out a free man, but you had to let your pride get the better of you." He said lifting my head up. "Shame really, I would have at least liked to have tortured you a little more." My muscles were on fire. I fought as hard as I could to break the ropes, but they just seemed to tighten every time I resisted. I could, however, feel my hands slipping through the knots. They did a really good job making a strong cord, but didn't think about how I could slip my hands out. He rose his arm once more, this time, to strike me, but before I could, I breathed deeply and exhaled a large flame from my mouth, scorching the figure in front of me. He went flying back, crashing into the ground. Everyone stood in shock. I slipped my hands out of the ropes and dived for the figure. My vision went blurry, then when I blinked, it all became clear, although I was surrounded by a different environment. I pinned the figure on the ground, my fists clenched and in the air. The figure became clearer, it was a Hypno! My fists crashed into the Pokémon, blow after blow, unendingly.