Chapter 12: Hope

After we had followed Lilith back to the hospital, we opened up the door to Caius' room where we were met with a small group of guards. One of the guards, I recognized, was the captain that had arrested Lofn and her commanders. Caius was sitting up and reading multiple notes addressed to the leader of Ai, which at the time was Lofn, asking for reinforcements for an incoming attack. A massive invasion, just like the one that befell Balachandra. It seemed that Lofn's lust for what she wanted had caused her to put everything as second agenda until she found Caius, although I doubt she was going to have anything more to do with these notes.

"So, this is what it meant." Caius said studying the last note.

"What who meant?" Kathrin asked. Caius shook his head.

"I don't know, but it told me to get to Adom before three days passed." Caius said.

"We found these notes in a pile in one of Lofn's cabinets while cleaning up everything she's done." The captain said. Caius studied the notes on the bed for a few more seconds.

"We need to get moving now." Caius said simply.

"But you can't!" Kathrin said intensely. "You need to let your arm settle with your body!"

"I'll tough through it." Caius said looking at Kathrin.

"That's not how it works Caius, if that arm comes off while we're traveling to Adom, who knows what could happen!" Carinthia said reasonably. Caius looked at his arm, wrapped in gauze.

"I'm willing to take the chance." Caius said. I could read his thoughts, I had to try and stop him in some way. Carinthia was right, if that arm came off while we were traveling, there was no telling what could happen.

"Carinthia's right! You shouldn't be pushing yourself! Especially after a battle that costed you a limb!" I protested. Lilith looked at all of us.

"Caius' is right, if the capitol falls, our mission will have failed." Lilith explained.

"I would rest and let this happen, but there is a certain individual there that requires our aid now more than ever!" Caius said sternly. "You all should know who it is. I may not be able to fight, but that doesn't mean I can't go there to help in some other way." It didn't immediately click into my head who Caius was talking about, but when it did, I had a harder time trying to think of a way to stop Caius. This was our mission after all.

"She's there?!" Carinthia asked surprised.

"It's time we get moving." Caius said dragging his feet off the bed.

"Hold on a minute Caius, don't be so quick to pull yourself off, we need to get you some help." Lilith said stopping Caius. Ayah was on the edge of the bed, looking at Caius and the rest of us with curiosity.

"Why would she be there of all places?" Kathrin asked. "Wouldn't she be better protected in her capitol?"

"I don't have all the information." Caius said bluntly. "But this information does tell me that if Adom falls, our mission will be for naught."

"That still doesn't excuse your arm." I said bluntly.

"I've already found a solution to that." Caius answered. "Normally this takes weeks to fully recover from, but since I showed the doctors that I can heal on my own thanks to Recover, the healing process will help adjust my new limb to my body within days." Ayah looked at the Caius' gauzed arm and shut her eyes as hard as she could, as if trying to do something. All she got out of it was becoming light-headed. Caius noticed this and caught Ayah before she fell off the bed.