Chapter 28: Hide-and-Rescue

(Carinthia)

When Mark charged past us and told Knud that Elizabeth had delivered the egg, we all congratulated him and Knud on becoming father and brother. Knud pleaded with Sarah and us to wait fifteen minutes while he went back with his father to go and see Elizabeth and the egg. He didn't need to try hard to convince us. We told him go ahead and check, we'd wait as long as need be. After about twenty minutes of waiting, Knud came running back to the group, now satisfied with seeing his mother for another time and seeing the egg. We continued our march to Adom, and the next day, around six in the morning, we arrived after everyone had rested for the evening. Kathrin and Lilith were waiting for us at the gates, and they were surprised by how many Pokémon we had taken with us. Ayah was ecstatic to meet Knud and talk with him and catch up on good times. We were also greeted by Raikou and Yveltal, which caught a lot of the trainees off guard. When Yveltal and Raikou were talking with them, they told them pretty much what Sarah had told the others before I got to the roof. They did add a little more emphasis on teamwork and helping others. I think that was aimed towards a certain individual. After then, we walked up to the capitol building. As if the surprises didn't end there, we were greeted by Xerneas, and Reshiram as well. When Xerneas saw the numbers that we had accumulated, she was a bit worried about fitting them all in the training room. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, since the battle with Titanium Forest, Kathrin and a few of the other individuals in there turned the destroyed meeting room that was underground, that also served as Yveltal's prison, into a training room. I helped supervise some of the construction to see that the room was cleaned up, and strong enough to take a Hyper Beam from even a Tyranitar. I had a bit of a hard time keeping myself from chipping away at a part of the wall and eating some of the crystal behind the wall. When we escorted our group of fifty Pokémon down into the training room, the room was a lot cleaner than it had when Caius decided to be a bozo and try and take care of Yveltal in his fit all by himself. The room was still as tall as before, maybe a bit taller, but the inside had been colored a white instead of its decayed black. The rubble had been cleared out and had been used to form a semi-building of sorts. This was my idea, for in case some Pokémon had a harder time seeing the training that was going on. It was just basically a small building that was protected by a strong glass wall with two levels for the Pokémon to view the training. Besides that and the slightly raised roof, the place was pretty much empty, except for a gadget that a Solrock had installed. He didn't really say what it did, but he did say that it would help with training in different terrains. He showed us how it works, but never activated it. Guess we'd figure out what he meant today. Knud had stuck with Caius the entire trip, and Ayah stood beside Caius as well. When Kathrin was explaining something to Caius, she seemed a bit disturbed about something concerning Ayah. I didn't hear the full of it, but I thought I heard her say something about Ayah skydiving? I shook it off and dismissed it. Who in their right mind would teach a twelve-year-old to go skydiving? When we all arrived at the training hall, we were also met up with Seth, Victor, Watson, Rhys, and Zerenity. Kathrin had gotten to the point of tolerating Watson, but was still edgy around him. This was the first multi-recruitment ever that concerned four different leaders. Training first began with Zerenity handing out a surprise quiz to everyone. The quiz had a lot to do with personality and less about scoring, just to get a general idea of who everyone is. Soon after that, Rhys and Victor had gotten all the trainees set up on practicing their moves on test dummies that had been generously donated from a dojo.

"Now, when you hit the dummies with a powerful enough move, they should detonate with a small combustion." Rhys explained. "Like so." Rhys went a few feet from the Wobbuffet dummy, then struck it with Dragon Pulse. When the attack landed, a small explosion was presented from the contact, then a second explosion happened to show that the attack was powerful. Rhys turned around and all three of his heads grinned. "The dummies should still be in one piece unless you overdo it. But I highly doubt that you're going to do something like that."