Chapter 8: Reconnaissance

(Kathrin)

My name is Kathrin. I am the Third General of Karma. I am seventy-five years old, and a Flygon with unique features, such as some of my body is blue instead of red, and my wings are yellow instead of red, like other Flygon's. As Caius has probably told you, I am the fastest general there is of the group, no doubt about it. I enjoy building anything I can to help someone, and I am the navigator for us and help with anything I can within our small group of six now. Caius recently handed me an egg that belonged to Alvar, a Delphox from the city of Ai. Caius hadn't really told us anything on what happened while he went for his quote unquote "walk," but it brought this egg into our group. I guess I should start from the beginning and try to make it brief. So basically, we were in the fortress of Balachandra, preparing for an incoming attack from the Truett's. However, after we grouped up at our rally point, Caius told us we would be going to find a special contact. A long-lost rival named Xerneas. We made our way to Hoopa, who told us we needed to find Celebi, then took us directly south of a small village named Ake. It was after then that Caius told us who our contact was. Being introduced to the locals wasn't exactly the most pleasant of ideals. The villagers had dropped down from some nearby trees, thinking we were some group called "The Rangers." After we told them who we were, we were taken into the small village and made plans with a Weavile named Clark, to capture a Ranger and interrogate them for the location of their base. Our plan consisted of leveling out the village without destroying everything, which was provided by yours truly, and then to build a large building and spread fake rumors that all the loot everyone had would be stockpiled in that building. Plans changed however, when Caius, the next day, had somehow bagged one himself! Carinthia and Lilith tried interrogating the Hypno, later known as Ford, first, but he refused to talk. Afterwards, Caius went in himself and went to deal with the situation. During that time, we had made the plans to help the citizens of Ake by flattening their village so they could build to different villages and cities. After the first earthquake that I had caused, there was practically no damage done to the village, aside from the tower, where Clark would make the village announcements from on top. Caius came out of the prison, being successful in his interrogation, and went to talk to Clark and Sarah about the news. After we had checked the last of everything, I started the second earthquake, flattening the village and making it level with everything else. It no later after that, that Ford had been killed by a Ranger for blabbing his mouth off. Caius went towards a place that was near Mythic Forest, a location where it was rumored that Celebi roamed. Caius, however got himself captured, and we devised a plan to free him, which worked, but we ended up getting captured by someone named Tane Azalea, a Decidueye. After we were dragged to a place called the arena, Caius found out that Tane Azalea is actually one of his caretakers, who's actual name is Nate. We took Nate a most of the Rangers back to Ake without any trouble from them at all. When we returned, I went and helped form a part of the wall around Ake. It was a small town, so it wasn't that hard, and it was quite fun in my opinion. After several minutes, Caius came running to me and announced that Celebi was actually here in Ake. We got transported to a different place and time entirely when Celebi brought us through a time hole I guess. The only problem was, we were literally falling from the sky. Caius had gotten me awake and I snatched up everyone before we collided with the ground. We then ran into a city called Ai and were rescued from the locals by a Leafeon named Mark. We were then taken to a run-down factory near the edge of the city, where we were introduced to a Medicham named Dinh. Mysterious little woman in my opinion. After then, Caius pulled a little trick on the four of us thanks to Mark and learned that I may have had some feelings for him. I mean, I'm sorry, but he's just so... I can't keep my eyes off of him, and when I do, it's normally on the battlefield. But after Lilith and Carinthia had roughed him up a little bit, he woke up at some point and wondered into the city. We didn't notice because we were too busy trying understand why Mark did such a thing to us. Only after he had explained it did it make sense a little bit. Even after then we were off and on about why he shouldn't have done it, even if it did reveal a few feelings. Once we noticed that Caius was gone, we immediately started looking around for him, but we couldn't find him anywhere within the factory. It was Mark's son, Knud who told us what he did. When he told us he had gone for a walk, my heart started racing. I wanted to go and look for him immediately, but the others convinced me it was best to just wait for him to come back. He did eventually come back after almost three hours of being gone. He didn't return alone however. That's when we met the Delphox name Alvar, who was badly injured in some sort of fight I'm guessing. Caius tried everything he did to try and save her, but she knew she was going to pass on. Her last wish, was to make sure Caius took care of the egg and make sure that the child lived. After she passed on, Caius handed me the egg and started to walk off. Lilith tried to catch him, but Sarah stopped her. And that pretty much catches you up. Sorry if it wasn't short, I just didn't want to miss too many details. Anyway, Sarah and Lilith got into a fight, but it was short lived when we felt the ground shake violently.