Chapter 10: The Long-Awaited Encounter

(Caius)

I am grateful that Dinh was able to understand what I thought. I'm also glad that she agreed to my plan as well. She knew full well how risky it was, but it was our best way of taking Lofn down for good. I had to leave my scythe behind, it would only attract attention to myself. The Rotom named Zach helped me put on my disguise to accomplish my mission, and the cloak actually helped with the disguise as well. Everyone in town thought I was another normal Pokémon. How surprised they would be to find out who I really was. As I walked the streets, there was some kind of commotion going on around a part of the city. My curiosity got the better of me and I walked over to see what was going on. As I walked towards the crowd of Pokémon, my eyes fell upon a small group of Pokémon standing in the center with what I can only assume, were some of the prisoners. One Pokémon walked forward.

"Residents of Ai, standing here before you are five criminals charged with some of the most despicable crimes." The Tyrogue said. My eyes scanned the prisoners, each one, with a guard behind them. None of them were an Espeon, which relieved me. The Tyrogue spoke up again. "They have been charged with blasphemy, thievery, murder, assault, disturbance of the public peace. As punishment, they shall face public humiliation, then execution." The crowd roared in approval. I felt like they were being falsely charged, but I had no proof, and if I tried to dive in and rescue the five, I would certainly become their next target. I couldn't make myself known just yet, but I couldn't bear to look at what was going to happen. I walked off before they began their humiliation, mainly because I was a bit concerned with what their terms of humiliation were, what with their legends and the little pleasure houses. I continued to walk away and eventually got out of their sound range. I took into consideration that I might need an escort to their government area. I figured I could stomach down my rage if I ran into one of Lofn's Commanders, but only if I could get back at them later. The opportunity soon presented itself when I ran into the entire group of five walking down the streets. Devante, Sar, Filmore, and what were the other two? Ah, yes, that's right, their names were Cedlio and Atol. I almost forgot their names over my boiling rage. I walked up to the five hesitantly. I had no intention of anyone coming to my aid for this. I was more than capable of handling the situation by myself. Three of them couldn't even stand up against me, so what could five do? I put my hand on Devante's shoulder, using every bit of restraint to keep myself from breaking his shoulder.

"What is it?" Devante asked turning around. I glared down at Devante. I wanted so much to deliver a firm punch to his face, like the one he used on me, except a lot harder.

"Are you the five commanders that Lofn has recruited?" I said throwing my voice deeper than normal.

"Yes." Devante acknowledged. "What of it?"

"I'm assuming you are Devante." I followed up. Devante's eyebrows shot up.

"I'm surprised you know my name, I haven't seen your face here at all. Tell me, what is your name?" Devante asked.

"Tahu." I replied.

"Well Tahu, the Gabite here is Sar, the Houndoom is Filmore, the Machamp here is Cedlio, and the Dusclops here is Atol." Devante said pointing out each of the four. Each one either waved or bowed. I studied their faces closely, trying to figure if any of them saw through my disguise. I think I was making them uncomfortable with my glare.

"Yes, I've heard of you five." I said trying to calm my voice from sounding angered.

"Why have you interrupted us?" Sar demanded. It took every muscle in my body to refrain from snapping back at him. Nonetheless I responded.

"I have information that your leader will want personally." I said.

"Oh? And what information is that?" Cedlio asked.