Chapter 32: A Familiar Face

(Caius)

Two days into our journey, we were walking towards Ake at our normal pace, making sure everyone was hydrated and fed throughout the entire trip. I held on to the satchel, making sure that it wasn't going to leave us. So, this was it, we were finally on our way home. Its felt like forever since anything has been normal. I kept an eye out for that figure that Xerneas and Yveltal were talking about. If he did ever show up, I would make sure that I retrieved the crystal from him, either with him alive, or not. That crystal may be the only way to get my- our parents back. During the trip, Ayah has been excitedly talking with Shaymin about plenty of things. Shaymin on the other hand feels a little uncomfortable around Ayah, but I think that's just because of typing issues. If that was the case, then she would have to worry about Lilith and I as well. Both of us knew Flamethrower, and it's only a matter of time before she masters it for herself, and the others learn how to start off. Carinthia, however, I didn't expect to really learn it, even though she didn't want to, to begin with. We were making progress faster than we thought, even though there were certain times that Raiden and I may have gotten a bit too competitive. I swear, it's not my fault, he keeps taunting me in basically everything we do. Who can collect berries faster, who can scout out the area ahead better, he takes everything like a challenge!

Really? Cause from what I saw, you were egging him on just as much as he was.

Sarah, not while I'm in the middle of making our story.

Our LONG story.

Yes, our long story, thank you for correcting me, now if that is all, can I get back to making it for us? Anyway, there was no shortage of excitement as we walked towards Ake. Thalia and Sarah were talking with each other, Carinthia, Lilith, and Kathrin we're having fun with whatever they were doing. Calin though, for once, was completely visible. I noticed that when Kathrin got close to Calin, he would take a few steps away from her. At some points, I think it took his entire attention, because multiple times throughout the trip, Calin would keep running into trees. Every time he would claim that the tree keeps following him or something like that. Along the way, Calin told us a bit how his armor worked. He said his armor only makes him invisible when he's focused and serious, and that the armor can make him invisible due to a very specific aura he obtained when he joined as a scout from Xerneas. This aura, according to Calin, prevented him from receiving any Dragon type attacks, because the armor was coated in a fairy-like aura. This was proven to be true when Kathrin tested it out using Dragons Breath. The attack simply pushed off the armor and disappeared on contact.

"Okay, that's a neat little trick." Carinthia admitted.

"Makes it super useful for fighting other dragon types." Calin said.

"Kind of makes me want something like that." Raiden said.

"In your dreams." I said. "Do you know what you would have to do in order to get something like that?"

"Actually, how did you get your armor?" Kathrin asked.

"Now see, there's an interesting story." Calin said. "This armor," He took off the head-piece, "is made from a very rare material. Xerneas gave this to me personally after it was made in a forgery and modifying it herself. I already told you that Xerneas gave it a fairy-like aura, and that's what negates any type of dragon-related attacks, but what makes me able to become is invisible has something to do with the material this armor was made from." Calin placed the helmet back on, and he slowly began to disappear. "You see, when this material is purified, it doesn't reflect any light whatsoever, it actually absorbs it all, making me look completely transparent, but it only does so when I concentrate."

"That would explain why we've been able to see you for practically the entire trip." Lilith said.

"But the question is, what's causing you to lose concentration?" I asked. Calin looked at me, then looked away.