Chapter 17: Insanity

We proceeded down a flight of stairs, spiraling deeper into whoever this room led to. Basant stopped us before we proceeded further down. As we stopped, we felt the ground shake a little.

"What was that?!" Lilith asked.

"That would be what's awaiting us down at the bottom." Basant said. Sarah looked at Basant carefully, I guess reading his mind like how she does with us.

"It's Yveltal, Isn't it?" Sarah asked. Basant nodded slowly.

"Yes." Basant replied. "He's not exactly been ... him."

"What do you mean? Carinthia asked confused. We all listened closely, ready for his answer. Basant observed us and let out a sigh.

"Oh boy, where to begin." Basant let out. "Yveltal hasn't really been in a good mood for a long time."

"What, like some sort of grudge against someone?" Kathrin asked.

"I wouldn't think it like that." Basant replied. "But it's a possibility."

"Then what is it?" Carinthia asked. Basant looked at all of us, then closed his eyes as he replied.

"I don't want to believe what the reports say, but if they're true, then Yveltal is slowly, but surely killing himself. Permanently." Basant said grimly. Our eyes shot open.

"What do you mean permanently?!" I questioned astonished. Basant looked at me.

"It's you Caius." Basant replied.

"Me? What's happened because of me?" I asked.

"It's how you time traveled for so long." Basant replied clarifying.

"Wait, so he came here and decided to kill himself?! That doesn't make any sense!" I declared.

"You're right, it doesn't make any sense." Basant replied. "But what I'm about to say just might fill it in."

"Well then don't hold us in the dark, tell us!" Sarah said.

"I'm getting there." Basant replied. "But as he flew into Adom, it took everyone off guard and the city began to panic. Only when he willingly surrendered is when the city was willing to listen to what he had to say. He told us that Balachandra had fallen, and that he was in need of help. However, during the time, Adom was under the rule of the people of Xerneas. He was held in a prison until we could figure out why he had come here."

"Wait, you say "were," is it under rule of someone else now?" Carinthia asked. Basant shook his head.

"Yes and no." He replied. "Since we now have six forces now joining the war, we have made Adom a capitol marketplace between us all, making sure that we all can easily access it as we need. But continuing on, once he told us that the Truett's were coming, and that they were planning on striking at others as well, we were no less forced to join him in his cause, but only if we could stand as the forces of Xerneas."

"And Xerneas obligated with this immediately?" Kathrin asked a bit surprised.

"Surprisingly, yes. She consented right after she heard of this news." Basant replied. "That is, after he arrived in Adom, but come, let us continue down." We continued walking down multiple steps, making our way further down the path. "Soon about twenty years after Yveltal was released from his prison, his attitude began to change."

"I'm assuming it wasn't a good change." I implied.

"Right." Basant said. "He progressively got more paranoid and angrier over small and little things."