Chapter 20: The Task At Hand

(Sarah)

After our little run in with Alvar back on the battlefield, things got a bit tense with the group. And it didn't help all that much that Caius ran into the same Venusaur that nearly killed him back in the Rangers arena. I was thankfully able to pull him away before things got ugly. After then, we started walking our way back to the walls of Adom. Since we were all a bit edgy from our little battle, I decided to break the ice with a few of my jokes, which turned out to be the Absol-utely best remedy for the team. I got my normal reaction from Lilith, and even got Caius to get Carinthia to chase him after a joke of his own. Although I kinda wish he hadn't gone so big with his. After we ran back into Adom, things calmed down between the six of us, but Ayah was still out cold. Whatever Alvar did to her daughter's head, it had some serious kick. I think all of us were exhausted from the battle, especially Caius and Lilith from their little stunt they pulled on Ekram. I was glad that he was able to carry himself around, even if he did have to lean on his scythe occasionally. We were all checked out at the capitol's healing room to make sure none of the injuries we had sustained were lethal. I came out of the battle with practically no wounds, just maybe a scratch here and there, but besides that, nothing. I actually think Caius was the most injured during the fight from the Psybeam that a Kadabra had done to him. It had broken a few bones in his chest despite the armor given to him. I was a bit worried when Kathrin had received that blow to the head, but luckily, she only came back with a bruise on her head and on her back from when she collided with a few other Pokémon on her "flight" backwards. Despite Lilith hiding it remarkably well, she had gotten herself cut on her left side from a brawl with a Gligar. Carinthia had a few bumps and bruises, but nothing that they couldn't fix. We all spent about five minutes in the room before we were good to go. Ayah had woken up as soon as we had left the room and immediately started bursting into tears. Only after Caius had taken her did she calm down enough to a sniffle, but even then, she was obviously still distressed about her mother leaving her. I wouldn't blame her, if I had lost my mom and found her again, I'd want her to stay with me for the rest of my life too. Caius was the next best thing to her. After we had recovered enough to walk around, we finally got to the decision of completing what Yveltal had assigned us oh so long ago. There was one little problem though, and it was that Carinthia had left the satchel containing everything we needed back where Yveltal was held for two hundred years. After a few stubborn moments with the Golurk at the front door, we finally convinced him to walk down the stairs himself and retrieve it on condition that we wait at the door, and so we waited and got our satchel back. When Caius had taken the satchel and put it around him, there was another problem arose when we tried to go and see Xerneas. Besides trying to find Xerneas' room, we had to get past Basant who was being very stubborn, standing in front of his door.

"I'm sorry, but Xerneas is very tired from the battle and does not want to be disturbed." Basant said.

"But this is the main reason we came here in the first place!" Carinthia said. "We need to get this to Xerneas now!"

"I can't let you do that." Basant said. "Xerneas would lose her temper if someone came in while she was resting from his wounds."

"We just saw her walk here literally five minutes ago!" Kathrin said. "She didn't have a single wound on her!"

"Yes, and that's thanks to our exceptional medical experts." Basant replied. "But that still doesn't change my answer."

"Why I outta."

"Carinthia, do not do it." I ordered. "We are all stressed out from the battle, we don't need to add more stress to the situation."

"Is there a chance that she is still awake? We really need to get this to her as soon as possible." Caius said.