Chapter 7: Another Plea For Help

As I entered into the City of Ai, I made sure I wasn't followed, taking a few swift turns and running down a few streets just to make sure that I was kept anonymous. A few Pokémon were walking down the streets, but they didn't really pay attention to me. I came into this city not really knowing what to expect. The city looked like any normal economic city. Buildings as far as the eye could see and plenty of businesses for everyone to have a job, even if some jobs may have been a bit ... questionable. The city was quiet for the most part. A few noises here and there, and the occasional whisper of someone trying to figure out who I could be. Whenever someone tried to follow me or would ask who I was specifically, I'd jump into a nearby alley way and get myself out of site before they could pursue. My cloak did wonders at covering my face, but not so much my body. The cloak only went as far down as my knees and left everything from my chest down exposed to everyone's view, so I mainly stuck to the shadows. As I went deeper into the city, it became more and more grotesque in terms of jobs. I'd prefer not to mention what they were, but at this point, I think it's going to be brought up at one point or another. To try and put it gently, many of the businesses from the middle part of the city onward were mainly a place where others could "be relieved of their stress" and "take a load off." I'm pretty sure I don't need to continue on from there. I started to notice that the streets were thinning out of residents. As I walked down the streets, I saw a large beacon of lights from one building in particular. I'm guessing it was either another business, or it was the main building to the city, because I swear I think I could hear a party going on with thousands of Pokémon attending.

"You there." A voice called out. "What are you doing out here this late?" I stopped in my tracks and turned my head only to see who could have spoken out. As I turned, I saw an Accelgor walking up behind me. "It's not safe to be out in the streets by yourself." I didn't respond at all. He continued. "There are a lot of dangerous Pokémon out here that you should avoid."

"If any try to attack me," I said facing forward, "it's them who should be careful of me." The Accelgor looked at me with curiosity.

"Have I seen you before?" He asked.

"Highly doubt it." I replied sternly. I started walking back down the streets again.

"Where do you come from?" The Accelgor persisted.

"A land far away." I replied. "Now I wish to be left in peace." That didn't stop the Accelgor however.

"Are you looking for where our leader could be?" The Accelgor questioned. I stopped moving. I turned my head once again.

"What concern is it of you who I'm trying to find?" I asked. The Accelgor gave a small grin.

"Please, understand, I'm only trying to figure out who you are." The Accelgor said with his grin. "Please, follow me." I was about to stop him, but he was already running in another direction. I gave a sigh and followed in pursuit. So much for a nice walk. As I caught up with the Accelgor, I kept my face hidden, but now everything from my neck down was easily exposed, although we were going so fast that I doubt anyone could make it out. He pulled off into an alley way and called me over. Reluctantly, I slowed my speed and came to a stop in the alley way.

"Alright, you've got me here, now what?" I asked a bit annoyed. The Accelgor made no attempt to break it nicely.

"You shouldn't be here Caius." The Accelgor said quietly. "You must get out of here before Lofn finds you." My face was taken by surprise.

"How do you know I am Caius?" I asked.

"Please, you're not fooling me with that disguise of yours." The Accelgor said mentioning my cloak.