Chapter 15: The Ambassador

I woke up to the sound of something laughing. As my eyes slowly opened up, my eyes fell upon the window with a figure in the frame. As my eyes fell into focus, it was that stupid Hoothoot!

"Oh my, sleeping in, are we?" Mordred chuckled.

"You!" I said sharply.

"Me." Mordred said bringing a wing to his body. "Did you forget about our little arrangement yesterday? It's almost sunrise and you're all sleeping in."

"I didn't forget." I retaliated.

"Then you should have no problem waking everyone up and getting over to our rendezvous point." Mordred informed. "You'd better hurry, you only have thirty minutes, and I've heard that the streets get packed during this time." The Hoothoot flew off before I could yell at it. As I stared out the window with my teeth clenched, I turned back around and started to wake everyone up.

"Come on everyone, we got to get going." I said loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Go where?" Sarah whined.

"Caius and I will explain on the way, for now, we got to get going." I replied.

"Just another five minutes." Kathrin grumbled.

"We don't have five minutes. We got to get going now." I said.

"Alright, alright, just at least let me get a drink of water." Carinthia said.

"Caius, you ready?" I asked turning around. As I faced Caius, I noticed that he was still asleep. I took a deep breath in and walked over to him. Ayah was starting to wake and look at me. I loomed over Caius and put a claw underneath Caius' chin and started scratching there. Immediately Caius woke up and started flinching like someone had hit him with Thunder Wave.

"Make it stop!" Caius shouted out.

"Then get out of bed!" I demanded. "It's almost sunrise!" As Caius got up to his feet, he looked directly at me.

"Why did you have to tickle me?" Caius questioned.

"I could go in different spots if you wanted me to." I said.

"No, the chin will do." Caius said immediately. My gaze turned to Caius' arm as he actually started to lift it up slightly.

"It seems your able to move it now." I said observing his left arm.

"Yeah, but not without trouble." Caius said with a bit of pain in his voice. "But you said It's almost sunrise?"

"Yes, in thirty minutes, we're going to miss it." I confirmed. Ayah shook herself awake and looked at Caius.

"What's going on Daddy?" Ayah asked. Caius looked down at Ayah and started growing concerned.

"I'll hold onto her, nothing's going to happen to her." I assured. Caius looked at me and nodded.

"Alright, let's get going." Caius said grabbing his scythe. After we were all ready, we walked out the inn and asked started our way north. Mordred wasn't kidding when he said the streets would be packed. Hundreds of Pokémon were going to and from various places in Adom. The skies were also busy with Pokémon flying from one place to another. We were barely making any progress north. We told Sarah, Kathrin, and Carinthia about what was going on and where we were going. When I told Carinthia that we were going to meet the actual Mordred, Carinthia's face got a dark grin. She quickly stowed it away when some of the local Pokémon were getting worried. After fifteen minutes of walking, the crowd started to lift up. We hastened our walk into a jog, then into a run when we had a clear view of the house that Mordred was talking about.