Chapter 5: A New Land

My vision started coming back, a cool wind was blowing on my back. As I regained consciousness, I realized that we were falling from the sky! Celebi had warned about this, but we were several thousand feet in the air, crashing down into the earth! I looked around and saw Lilith, Kathrin, Sarah, and Carinthia falling as well. They still hadn't woken up! I turned myself over onto my stomach. I looked to my left and saw my scythe right next to me. I grabbed it and turned towards Kathrin. She was the only one that could save us at this point.

"Kathrin!" I shouted out. Kathrin didn't respond. I tried again. "Kathrin!!" I got her stirring, but she didn't open her eyes. I had enough. I dived over towards her until I was within arm's reach. Once I did, I slapped her, causing her to wake up.

"Who?! What?!" Kathrin said coming to her senses.

"Kathrin! You need to get us all before we hit the ground!" I shouted over the roaring wind. "NOW!!" Kathrin took a second to balance herself. She spread out her wings, causing her to slow down drastically, but then she dived down and grabbed me.

"Hold on!" Kathrin said going for the others. Lilith, Carinthia, and Sarah were all starting to come to as well. When they saw they were falling, they didn't exactly take it in well. All of them started screaming. Kathrin flew over to Lilith. I reached my hand out.

"Grab on!" I said. Lilith didn't need to hear it a second time, she practically dug her claws into my hand, but I pulled her onto Kathrin's back. We grabbed Carinthia next, then Sarah. As we grabbed Sarah and got her on Kathrin's back, I noticed I didn't have the satchel on me!

"Okay, I'm going to see if I can find a spot to land!" Kathrin shouted out.

"Hold on! I can't find the satchel!" I said panicking. I looked around and saw it above us a good thirty feet. "There!" I said, "Above us!"

"I see it." Kathrin said spreading her wings out. Immediately, we began to slow down, the bag was coming down quicker than we were. I reached out to and grabbed it from the air. I strapped it onto myself, making sure it wouldn't fall off this time.

"Alright, I got it." I said strapping it under my arm.

"Good to know." Lilith said looking down. "But if you're done celebrating I would really like to not become a Poké pancake thank you!"

"Alright everyone hold on!" Kathrin decreed. Everyone tightened their grip on Kathrin and Kathrin came close to the ground. My adrenaline was pumping through my veins. Clutching my scythe, I held on as tightly as I could with my one arm. Kathrin opened up her wings and we flew across the ground, about forty feet from colliding into the earth. Kathrin was dodging through the trees, then lifted us a bit higher to get above them.

"That was a bit close." Carinthia said relaxing a little bit.

"It's not over yet." Sarah said holding on tightly. "We have to find a place to land."

"One reason I love flying is because we don't have to take any detours because of obstacles." Kathrin said looking back with a smile.

"This is certainly a way to enter into a new time." Lilith said with her adrenaline pumping as well. Kathrin looked around, trying to find a place to land safely. I started looking around as well, hoping to help with an extra set of eyes.

"There!" I said pointing towards a city. "We can land there!"

"I see it." Kathrin said seeing the city. "This is gonna be a tricky landing, but I've got to tell you all now, once we slow down enough to where you can run for yourself, I need you to jump off me." We all agreed, and Kathrin began her decent towards the city. There was a little opening just before the city alongside a dirt road. As we came closer to the ground, we started to decrease in speed. As we reached about ten feet, I jumped off and started rolling when I hit the ground. After rolling a few times, I stuck my leg out and boosted myself up to my feet, then started running. I saw Sarah, then Lilith jump off, doing the same thing, except at about eight and seven feet. Carinthia jumped off at about five feet and landed on her feet, running off the momentum. Kathrin flew back high into the air, reducing her speed with gravity. After she slowed down enough, she started to glide down. We all met back up towards the entrance to the city. Apparently, our little entrance had drawn the attention of a few of the residents. After we had slowed ourselves down, we all took a minute to sit down and get the feeling back in our legs. The walk to the city was only a few steps away, and trees surrounded the city, almost like Ake.

Quest for Life, Part 1 ( A Pokémon Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara