Chapter 16: Preparation

(Kathrin)

After we made a quick trip back to the inn to grab the satchel, we made our way over to the capitol. As we were recognized as Generals of Karma, we were immediately let through a pair of doors standing well over thirty feet tall. As we entered the courtyard, we were welcomed by multiple high-ranking Pokémon from all over the continent. Shortly after, we were all escorted into the capitol building itself by the high-guard. Caius was dragging himself along with his arm. I'm not gonna lie, his arm kinda creeped me out a little, but It's his arm, he can decide what it looked like as he wish, even if it did remind me of a bug Pokémon. Nothing against bug Pokémon, they just tend to make me a bit edgy. Ayah was awake and amazed by what she was seeing in the capitol. She was always asking questions about what this all was, or what a specific item was. I answered all of her questions that I could, and whatever I couldn't answer, Sarah gladly answered. I could tell that the guards were a bit concerned on letting a child further in. Caius told them that it was his paranoia, in which, in a sense, he was right, that caused him to bring her with us. I had to remind Ayah constantly to stay with us and not to stray from the group. We were lead through multiple large doors, roughly the same size as the first door. As we came to the final door leading to where we were summoned, the door stood a massive eighty feet tall! The high-guard halted us in front of the door.

"This is where you have all been summoned too." The Bisharp said. "However, I must advise you to leave the child outside these doors." Caius drew a deep breath. He had to swallow his pride here.

"Where will she be taken?" Caius asked.

"She will be taken back to the courtyard and watched carefully along with the other children in the complex." The Bisharp replied. Sarah put a paw on Caius' leg.

"She'll be fine, she's inside one of the most fortified places in the city." Sarah said calmly. Caius looked down at Sarah and smiled.

"I know, I should be more relaxed here." Caius replied. Caius walked over to Ayah and crouched down to get face to face with her. "I'm going to go away for a few minutes. I want you to stay safe and don't go with anyone else besides this man, okay?"

"No Daddy! I'm not leaving you!" Ayah repulsed. "You promised me!"

"I know, and I don't plan on breaking it anytime." Caius replied rubbing Ayah's fur. "I promise, I'll make this go as quick as possible, then you and I can stay together to your hearts content." Ayah looked into Caius' eyes, then nodded.

"Okay Daddy, but don't you try and run again, I will find you if you do." Ayah said.

"I know you would." Caius said rubbing Ayah's head. Caius turned his head back to the Bisharp and nodded. The Bisharp moved closer and took Ayah with him towards the exit. The rest of the high-guardsmen helped push the large doors open, creating a sharp light from the room. As the doors opened up more, the light started to become bearable and we walked inside. As we did, we saw three tall Pokémon standing in the room, and Mordred standing on a tall and wide podium, about five feet tall. The Three Pokémon stopped talking to look at us. Mordred's smile came back and gave me a shiver down my spine.

"Ah, looks like we have company." Mordred said smiling.

"Mordred, you know why we're here." One voice said sternly.

"Oh relax, I'm aware of what's going on." Mordred replied. "And whatever information goes through me will certainly be told to Giratina."

"Who are these five?" Another voice asked calmly.

"We are the Generals of Karma." Carinthia replied.

"Who is your leader?" The third voice questioned.