Chapter 14: Adom, The Capitol

(Sarah)

So, yeah, we may have gotten a bit over our heads back there, but hey, we all make mistakes. I wasn't even trying to provoke anything, it just got out of control and I kinda lost myself in there was all. Who would have thought that a song would be the thing to calm us down? It wasn't like how a Jigglypuff would sing, but it was enough to get us to pay attention. When I heard that someone named Chayna had taught Caius how to sing that song, I was surprised. Chayna obviously did well to have Caius sing like that. I think I saw Carinthia shudder a little bit after it was all over. We spent the next while in an awkward silence. None of us were really willing to speak after our little outburst. I got the creeps when we first ran into Mordred. From what I've gathered, he's completely insane! I can't read a single thought going through his head! I had to know more.

"So, Caius, you said Mordred was the voice in your dream?" I asked.

"Yes." He replied. "And frankly, I don't think I can really trust him after what he just pulled."

"I don't blame you." Lilith said. "If someone did that to my own child, I'd tear the meat from his bones."

"That's comforting to know." Caius said a bit disturbed.

"What happened in your dream Caius?" I asked. Caius turned his head and looked at me.

"Well, he basically warned me that something was going to happen in three days, and that if I didn't arrive before then, I wasn't going to like what was going to happen." Caius said. "Then soon after that, there was some kind of shadowy figure above him that impaled me with six red spikes."

"That's it?" I questioned.

"Hey, you met the guy yourself, I think it's safe to say that he's pretty much insane at this point." Caius replied.

"He's more than insane, he's a lunatic." Carinthia said. "When I get to see his real face, I'm gonna pummel him into the ground!"

"You'll have to save it for another time." Kathrin said. "Adom is just now within sight." I looked forward and saw Adom. It had been a while since I saw the capitol. Three-hundred years really hasn't changed it all that much. As we climbed over the hill, we stopped to take in the scene.

"Well, there it is." Caius said. "The city of Adom." Just as Caius had said this, we all heard something move in some nearby bushes. We turned to face the noise, but we heard another rustle from behind us.

"Not this again!" Carinthia said angrily. More rustling was coming from all around us.

"Defensive formation everyone!" I called out. We all huddled in a tight circle with our backs facing each other. As we watched the bushes rustle, I saw something fly by in one of the bushes. I couldn't make out what it looked like, but it was small.

"Come on out!" Carinthia demanded. "If you don't, I'll come in!"

"Ayah, stay in the circle." Caius said putting Ayah between the five of us.

"But Daddy." Ayah said.

"This is for your safety, just stay in there." Caius said getting a better grip on his scythe. The bushes went silent. Nothing was moving anymore.

"Who are you?" A voice called out from the bush. "Why have you come to Adom?"

"We are the Generals of Karma." Carinthia said looking at the bush from where the noise came from. "We have official business here concerning an invasion." Everything was silent. I continued to scan the bushes, waiting for any kind of movement.

"Please, forgive us." A new voice called out. A figure landed in front of the road. His blue skin and amphibious texture gave him away. "My name is Muni." The Greninja said. "I help make sure that Adom stays safe from any infiltration attempts." This wasn't the Pokémon that I had seen, but just as I thought this, more Pokémon started to show themselves from the bushes. About fifteen Ninjask's. This is what I saw earlier. "These are my men. I'm not going to lie, when we first saw you, we were expecting you all to be of the Truett's."