Chapter 31: The Journey Home

(Lilith)

After our final training out on the south side of the gate, we were all exhausted. Ayah and Sarah especially. Carinthia was getting fed up that everyone, including me, kept trying to invigorate her to keep trying, even though she was adamantly against trying when she felt there was no point. I think Ayah was the only one keeping her sane at this point. After a night's rest, we woke up and went on to the capitol building to meet with our volunteer for the trip. We were escorted by Muni towards where we needed to go. As we were let into the meeting room for a final time, we saw Xerneas, Yveltal, and a small little green Pokémon. This, I assumed, was Shaymin. I felt the same uneasiness in the air. The same uneasiness that ended up trying to scare us when we were first introduced to that Noivern, Calin. My eyes scanned around, but I didn't see him anywhere. Then I caught a scent. I followed the scent until I ended up finding a part of the light up top that was slightly shivering. I squinted my eyes and saw that it was Calin hiding in his little armored suit he had. I gave the little motion with my claws to let him know he wasn't going to get me today.

"It's good to see that you've arrived on time." Xerneas said.

"We get our chance to go home, why would we be late?" Kathrin questioned.

"Fair enough." Xerneas replied. "But still, it's good to see you."

"Likewise." Caius acknowledged. We took a few steps forward. "So, are you Shaymin then?"

"Yep, that's me." Shaymin replied. "Nice to meet you all."

"Wow, you're a lot smaller than I thought you'd be." Carinthia said surprised.

"Well, I'm only in my Land forme." Shaymin commented. "I do get a little bigger when I go into my Sky forme."

"Oh, so you have more than one forme?" Ayah questioned.

"Yep, I change forme's when I smell Gracidia flowers during the day." Shaymin replied.

"Can I see you change forme's?" Ayah asked excitedly.

"Now Ayah, you can't just go around asking others to change." Caius said.

"No, no, it's fine, I was planning on changing forme's when we were on our way to Ake." Shaymin said lightly chuckling.

"Yay! I get to see someone change forme's!" Ayah said happily.

"So long as your patient." Caius said.

"Any who, we have Shaymin here for you." Yveltal said.

"And we also have our volunteer who seems to be hiding." Xerneas sighed.

"May I?" I asked.

"If you can find him." Xerneas replied. I turned my gaze back up to the light where I had seen him earlier, but he was gone! He ditched his previous spot and went into another!

"Oh hey Calin!" Kathrin said. I heard a panicked, yet surprised voice along with a thud from behind. I turned around, and there was the Noivern.

"Stop sneaking up on me!" Calin said.

"I didn't sneak up on you, you just brushed my wing was all." Kathrin defended.

"Well, this is a first, normally, Calin reveals himself before being caught." Xerneas said surprised. "That armor is to make him completely transparent."

"Well, I think it's obvious he doesn't pay much attention to how it smells." I countered. "Or apparently if others felt him."

"Aw come on! I just got done with doing my rounds!" Calin defended.