Chapter 6: The City of Love

After a short talk with some of the others concerning who I was and what I came here to do, I was invited by Mark into a room that was completely dusty. The door was off its hinges and laying on the ground. As I walked in, I noticed a few other Pokémon in the room, sitting down, isolating themselves from the others I'm guessing. When they heard our footsteps approaching, they all looked at the entrance. When they all took a clear look at me, they all gawked at me and rubbed their eyes, making sure that I was no illusion. I felt like I was some kind of prisoner being forced down town streets. Some got up and stared at us, some started whispering to each other. Again, the feeling came over me. Most of the Pokémon in there were Leavany's, and the rest were Swadloon's which helped describe the room a little bit more. Around the room stood what looked like a few old sewing needles, some string, some rags, different colored linen, and a few costumes for the children.

"If we're going to be doing anything, we need to make you look like one of us." Mark said turning around and facing me.

"Well how do you plan on doing that?" I asked.

"Simple, we're going to put you in a costume." Mark replied. I looked around the room. There wasn't anything in the room that could fit my size. Mark saw me investigating and added, "We're not going to get you into these costumes. We're instead going to go more high-tech." Now I was curious.

"What do you mean?" I asked puzzled.

"We have a device here that could deceive even a Zoroark." Mark proclaimed. My eyebrows shot up.

"I'll have to test that out!" I said eagerly. One of the Pokémon, a Leaveny, walked up to us.

"Is he-" She began. I held up my hand to let her know I had already been asked this question multiple times.

"Yes, I am Caius." I said lowering my hand. "But please, there's no need to make a big deal out of this."

"There is every reason to make a big deal out of this." The Leaveny proclaimed.

"Please, could we continue on?" Mark said interrupting before it got out of hand. "It is urgent that we get this going." Both of us looked at Mark with questions in our minds. What so urgent as to get this done as quickly as possible? The Leaveny conceded and we continued through the room into another room, filled with gears and a mechanism that had a cylinder big enough to hold a Rypherior inside it.

"What are we doing here?" I asked suddenly feeling dreadful.

"Relax, we're simply going to be changing your appearance to look like a Pokémon." Mark said closing the door behind us.

"Us?" I emphasized facing the machine.

"He means us." A voice said from behind. I turned around and saw a Rotom and a few Klink's and Klank's near the ceiling. I jumped back in surprise, dropping my scythe and accidentally stepping inside the cylinder. The cylinder closed and locked. The cylinder itself was clear, like glass.

"Well that takes care of getting him in there." Mark said chuckling a little bit.

"What is this going to do?!" I asked panicking somewhat.

"I've already told you two times; do you need to hear it again?" Mark questioned.

"Shall we get started then?" The Rotom asked.

"Yes, we need to get that illusion on him, and make it last about ten minutes." Mark ordered. Without hesitation, the Rotom flew into the machine, disappearing. The Klink's and Klank's started floating to specific points and planting themselves in the wall. They then started rotating themselves in different directions. I saw Mark walking over to a horizontal screen and start tapping on some of the buttons there.