Chapter 29: Knowledge is Power

(Sarah)

After resting back at the house from all the training, Calin's surprise visit to our complex, and the news of the crystal being stolen, we rested that evening and woke up pretty much as ready for the day as we would be. Carinthia, Lilith, and Kathrin were all taken to the capitol building to resume the training of all the new recruits. Caius grabbed the satchel for some reason and decided to take it with us as the three of us made our way to the library. I couldn't help but feel a bit drawn to the bag. It was like something was calling my name. I would ignore it, and we made our way towards the library.

"If you think about it. Ever since Yveltal handed this book over to us, none of us have taken a look through it." Caius said. "I'd figure I'd do that since we now have the time."

"So remind me again, where are we going?" Ayah asked.

"We're heading to the library." I replied. "I'm a supervisor over there. I love working there because there's so much to learn about whatever you want!"

"Whatever I want?" Ayah questioned. "Are you sure?"

"I'm sure of it." I replied. "You just got to make sure you can find the book."

'Hey Ayah, want to see if you're faster than Sarah?" Caius asked.

"Is that a race I'm hearing?" I questioned looking back.

"Is that a challenge I hear?" Ayah said smiling.

"Alright, get ready you two." Caius said. "On your marks, get set, aaaaaand, GO!" Ayah took off like the little fox she was, and I followed in pursuit. It didn't take too long before I stated to catch up to her. We were coming up to the library pretty fast. Only one corner left to turn and then a long stretch to the end of the street. As Ayah and I turned the last corner, we ran through the street. As I came neck and neck with Ayah, I saw the determined look in her eyes. I smiled and let her pass me a few inches. I got right behind her, lowered my head, and picked her up and put her on my back.

"Up you go!"

"Whoa! Hey! This is fun!" Ayah said.

"Looks like we got some teamwork going on here folks." Caius said observing us from the roofs. "Who's going to win this one?" As I closed the distance between us and the library, I skidded to a halt at the door. "Looks like we have a tie today everyone!"

"How'd you like that Ayah?" I asked.

"Again! Again!" Ayah chanted.

"Maybe on the way back. Okay?"

"Alright, but I want to race again, next time, I want to see who will be faster." Ayah said hopping off my back. As we walked into the door, the owner, a Mismagius named Lily welcomed us in.

"Ah, Sarah, so nice to see that you're with us again." Lily said smiling.

"It's good to be here." I replied. "Has anything happened since you opened up at seven?"

"Just a few guests coming in and out, but nothing big." Lily replied.

"So you already know Caius." I said indicating him. "But I don't believe I've introduced you to Ayah." Lily came closer and took a look at Ayah, who shrank behind my leg a little bit. "Sorry, it's not you, she's just a bit shy to new Pokémon."

"You're perfectly fine." Lily replied. "She looks like a really sweet girl."

"She's here to take a look at some of the books we have here." I added.

"Oh, then why don't we get her started?" Lily replied. Lily immediately started looking around some of the bookshelves, going from one to another. She paused mid-flight and turned back to me. "What is it that she would like to read?"