Emotional Girl

Her body feels so incredible against mine that every part of me is burning. It's not a bad feeling, or a good feeling, it's just a feeling. From head to toe, my whole body feels like my foot does when I sit on it, tingling all over.

Except I haven't been sitting on it, I've just been lying here. Lying with the woman I love beside me, and I don't ever... EVER want to leave this place. She just feels so good right now and I don't wanna lose that.

She shifts slightly under me before I hear her voice.

"You're being kinda quiet there DK, you all right?"

Lifting my head up, I look into her eyes and get a little overwhelmed by the simple look of concern in them.

I can't believe I almost never got to see that look again.

"Dawn?"

"Oh, uh, yeah... I'm fine. I'm just... happy. That's all. I'm happy you're awake and gonna be okay."

Faith smiles at me gently.

"No one's more happy about that then me babe. But if there's something else going on, you know you can tell me."

Other than the fact that there used to be a demon out there that was searching for The Key? Which just so happens to be me?

"Nothing's going on. Really Faith, I'm just happy, that's it."

"Okay, cause I was getting this strange feeling."

I pull myself up almost to a full sitting position next to Faith.

"Well I don't know where that feeling came from because everything's fine."

The concern on her face suddenly turns to one of confusion.

"Whoa, okay, sorry... I wasn't looking to fight about it or anything. I was just wondering. Being out of commission for eight weeks will make a girl kinda curious. I'm sorry I asked."

Geez, what the heck is wrong with me?

"No, I'm sorry I... I guess I'm just a little emotional because of everything that's been happening."

There's a moment where I close my eyes and take a shaky deep breath.

"You just... those eight weeks you were in a coma. Kinda felt a lot like eight months to me."

My girlfriend reaches out and touches my face, caressing my cheek, only a little bit of a smile appearing on her own.

"Trust me, I know what eight months in a coma feels like, and this isn't it."

That gives me a reason to try for a smile, not that I succeed so much. It isn't long before the overwhelming feeling of happiness of having Faith back goes into overdrive again, making me wanna cry again. Every instinct in me forces me to fall into her arms, wrapping my arms around her and hugging her tightly.

"I'm so glad you're all right."

She holds me just as tightly while I try and hold back the tears in me.

"Me too DK, me too..."

After a few short moments, there's a knock at the door before a pair of nurses walk in. We pull apart to look at them.

"Sorry to interrupt, but that bed is not designed to support two people. And we have to check Ms Lehane's vitals now."

Check her vitals?

"I thought she was fine."

One of the nurses smiles at me.

"She is, but we still need to monitor her recovery to ensure everything is back to normal. It's simply standard procedure."