Being Back

Wow... I feel really good.

Lying all but limp where I am, I let the great warm feeling I'm having wash over me completely.

I'd almost forgotten how incredible being with her could be. But then, she always does manage to make me feel happier than I ever thought possible. That's what being in love, really in love with someone is supposed to be about though... I think. We make each other happy, no matter what.

Slowly because my muscles ache a bit, I roll over and snuggle up to my naked girlfriend next to me on the bed.

And we are going to be happy together, no matter what. I meant what I said last night about being willing to go out of state to school if the opportunity comes along. I don't want to, but I will if it means that Faith and I can stay together the way we are. I'll do the long distance thing if I have to so that I can stay with Faith. That's all that really matters. We're all that really matters.

I reach out and gently run my hand down her stomach for no particular reason other than just to touch her skin. My touch makes her turn her head and look at me, which makes me smile. She's the first to speak.

"Hey..."

Just the sound of her voice makes my smile bigger.

"Hey..."

She gently cups my cheek with her hand, setting my face on fire because of how much I missed feeling it.

"I forgot how great being with you can make me feel."

I love how good that sounds.

"I was thinking the same thing a minute ago."

Faith smiles at me and then leans forward a bit, giving us a chance to share a kiss. It's short, but I'm pretty certain there'll be more of them so I don't mind. After a long moment of just staring into each other's eyes, Faith turns her head and stares up at the ceiling for a while.

"So... I guess this means we're back together eh?"

I thought that was obvious. It is to me.

"Well, I thought so. Isn't that what last night meant?"

Are we still not back together?

She looks at me for a second.

"Uh, yeah, that's what I thought it meant too. I just wanted to make sure that you thought the same thing. It was a thing. Sorry..."

Oh, well...

"That's okay..."

My girl goes back to staring at the ceiling with a smile.

"I just..."

Again she turns her head to look at me and I look right back.

"You, you were serious about what you said last night... right? About going to an out of state college if the opportunity comes along?"

Oh...

"Yes... I promise."

We keep our eyes locked on each other's.

"I... I won't choose a college based on where it is. I'll choose it based on what kind of opportunity it can give me. Though honestly, I wouldn't mind if I got rejected by every out of state college in the country so I could stay close to you. But I'll apply to all of them and give them all a fair chance. As long as we can be together before, during, and after I go to whatever college I go to."