Listening to What's Right

Author's Note: Thanks to everyone who has been reading my stories over the last year. It means so much to me. I just wanted to say Merry Christmas, happy holidays or enjoy whatever celebration you might have this end of year. I'm not sure if I'll post another chapter before 2018 but probably not. Be sure to take a look at my Open Novella Contest piece Pandora's Box: Works and Days https://www.wattpad.com/story/128189102-pandora%27s-box-works-and-days

Faith's POV

My muscles ache as I clench my right hand into a fist gently, the rest of my arm laying flat against the hospital bed.

Wow, that feels weird.

Shifting my eyes to my left arm, I clench my left fist like my right one was.

Every part of me is just tingling all over, like I've been sleeping on my arms or something. Which I guess isn't that far from the truth. I have been sleeping for a pretty long time... again.

I readjust myself in the bed and enjoy the strange feeling it gives me.

But I don't remember feeling this way the last time I woke up from my coma. Of course, I wasn't out of commission for as long on this one. 8 weeks is definitely less terrible than 8 months. Not that I wouldn't mind going the rest of my life without going into a coma again, but that plan never seems to work out.

The strange tingling feeling in me makes me take a deep breath and run a hand through my hair.

This must be what an eight week coma feels like. It kinda feels good. A little like that feeling I get around Dawn. That great low down tickle that makes me just wanna rip all her clothes off and make love to her all night long. Except, this feeling isn't making me horny. For some reason it feels more... pure.

I don't know. I think that's the word for it. Feeling pure isn't exactly something I'm all that familiar with. But it feels like the right word to describe how this feels. It's kinda nice. I'll have to ask DK about it when she gets back.

Suddenly, I hear the door to my room open.

Speaking of the woman I love...

Then I look up to see B standing in the doorway.

Either that or her sister...

"What's up B?"

She tries her best to smile when she walks in.

"I need a reason to stop by?"

That makes me chuckle a bit.

"Well it is pretty much standard procedure with you and me, isn't it B? You're not really prone to coming by without a problem that needs solving."

My girlfriend's sister shrugs.

"Right, because you always made such an effort to be friends with me."

I have to smile at her comment.

"So, you came here to trade insults did you? I'm not exactly in top fighting form but if you're that into it I suppose I could give it a shot."

Buffy grins a little back.

"Actually, that's not why I'm here. But then, we always seem to have a way of getting under each other's skin."

There's a long silence between us before I finally speak up.

"What are you here for anyway B?"

She makes her way over and pulls up a chair to sit down.