A Letter of Escape

I'm not going to cry.

Standing in the middle of the kitchen, I watch the water slowly ripple in the pot as it starts to boil.

She doesn't deserve the tears. Not after what she's done.

I walk back to the table and sorta lean against it, keeping my eyes on the pot of water I'm using for breakfast.

I'm not going to cry. If anyone should be crying, it's Faith. She deserves to cry and cry until she can't cry anymore, and then cry some more. And she will too, as soon as she realizes what a huge mistake she's making by breaking up with me. Eventually it'll hit her, and I know she's gonna cry about it. Faith may act all tough on the outside, but the truth is that on the inside she's just like any other stupid girl. She cries and has feelings too. I've seen it. I've been there once or twice to hold her when she needed it.

But this time, she won't have me there to help her cry. There won't be anyone around to help her cry like the huge bitch that she is. This time if she cries near me, all I'm gonna do is make it worse. Because that's what she deserves for breaking up with me. She deserves to cry and have it eat her up inside with guilt like it would any other stupid little girl.

With my eyes fixed on the pot of water, I take a long slow deep breath.

Not me though, I'm not going to give Faith the satisfaction of knowing she made me cry, whether she gets a chance to see it or not. I'll show her who made the bigger mistake. I know I probably made a mistake by casting that spell on Faith when she was in a coma, but at least my heart was in the right place at the time. I won't make that mistake again. Besides, compared to some of the huge colossal mistakes that Faith has made over the years, my mistake seems kinda small. I don't think Faith should be so quick to get all high and mighty about the whole thing.

She'll figure that out eventually though, and when she does I hope I'm there to watch her cry. She can't hold it in forever, no matter how long it takes for that to happen, I wanna be there. Of course, knowing Faith she'll probably end up holding it in for like forever and six days. God that makes me wanna punch her.

My hands grip the edge of the table as I watch the water ripple more and more while steam starts coming off it.

Maybe if I punch her really hard it'd make her cry. Course, knowing Faith and her being a slayer and all, I'd have to punch her pretty damn hard. Possibly more than once to make her really cry the way I want her to. And I just don't have the kind've strength I'd need to make that happen. Which kinda makes me wanna punch her even more. Just to make myself feel better for what she's done.

The wood of the table makes my fingers hurt as I keep gripping the table harder.

But, knowing Faith, she'd probably never let me punch her in the first place. She's too damn strong and fast to let that happen. She'd probably catch my hand and make me look like an idiot for trying to punch her the way that slayers like to do to us regular people all the time. It just makes me wanna get away from this place and never come back so that I never have to even look at Faith ever again. My life would be so much easier if I could just find a way to get out of here and never come back.

Finally, the water starts to bubble enough that I can use it for the eggs I wanna make and I stand up off the table to make my breakfast.

"You know, I always wondered if a watched pot never boiled or not, but I guess it just takes longer."

I look over at my sister standing in the doorway of the kitchen to the main hall, watching me.

She's always watching out for me. It's really annoying.